|28|

Hi everyone I'm sorry for posting so late , I couldn't find the inspiration to write this chapter .

Thank you all so much for 20k views .

Also , Please vote .
This story has reached 20k views , but hasn't even touched 1 k votes . Not even 5% votes of the views .

It gets really demotivating to see such less number of votes on chapters . If there so less votes on this story how will newcomers want to read it .

So , Don't forget to vote .

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

His frown deepened as he watched the red head dance , with someone else . He didn't like how she was to close to the white dog , how she allowed his hand to be on her waist .

His eyes trailed over them as they waltzed in the middle of the ballroom , he clenched his fists , he could feel his knuckles turning white .

The dance had finally ended , but she hadn't left Ezekiel's side  , Lucas watched in anger , as Aina laughed at something the white head said .

Aina could feel a burning gaze on her back , but paid it no heed , as she talked with aristocrats , with Ezekiel by her side . She knew that if she wanted The House of Alpheus 's support she had to at least maintain good relations with the heir .

Besides he wasn't half as boring or bland , as she had made him to be in her mind . He was actually interesting to talk to , if you shared interests or hobbies with him .

She soon left the future duke's side , and continued mingling with nobles , she knew that all she had to do was feed them sugarcoated words , and false praises and she'd get their support .

She excused herself as she walked away from the crowd , to a secluded balcony wanting to get some fresh air . She sighed in exhaustion and boredom as she leaned against the railings of the balcony . She could see glimmering lights in the distance , the capital shone brightly , the city below her was in stark contrast to the cloudy night sky . A handful of stars were visible to any prying eyes , the rest hidden from the creatures below .

Her hair flew softly against her skin , she tucked a few strands that had escaped behind her ear . The cold breeze felt relaxing , it was just what she needed after talking around with a whole crowd . She hadn't once talked to her father the entire party , but she couldn't bring herself to care .

She was about to leave , when she noticed someone entering the balcony .

"Your highness , I didn't except you to be here " the man with black hair said as he passed a smile in her direction . His eyes glinted with something, she wasn't quite able to decipher.

"Viscount Patterson " Aina acknowledged the man , being able to see easily through his disguise . Her lips curled up into a grin , remembering the future events which were supposed to take place soon .

"I'm delighted that your highness knows me " The man spoke once again , he had already been informed that she knew he was the previous emperor . His lips formed a smirk , as he wondered if she would confront him  about his identity  or leave him be .

"I am the Princess if I myself don't know my people who will ? But , I hope you have a great evening, I'll be retreating back to the ball, Viscount " Aina replied with a light tone , as she walked towards the entrance of the balcony , and walked out , not before smirking back at him . She had a plan , and he was a key part of the plan .

She entered the ballroom , only to be greeted by the sight of her father standing near the entrance , staring right at her . She passed a small smile to keep up appearances with the nobles . He gave no response , she rolled her eyes at his irresponsive behaviour . She truly wondered as to how her mother had been able to tolerate him and his behavioural tantrums.

She walked towards him , with her head held high . She stopped right in front of him . As she told him in a voice that was only audible to him , "You really should try to keep up appearances , father" the word father left her mouth in a sickeningly sweet tone, she passed him a tight lipped smile .

Just as he was about to reply , a pair of Ruby eyes caught her attention. His words didn't register in her brain , as she left his side to approach the wizard . She walked as fast as her heels would allow , which wasn't that fast , she was suddenly regretting her fashion choices , but paid it no heed , as she had reached the magician.

She leaned closer to tap his shoulder , just as she was about to he turned around . This movement of his caused her stumble , as she braced herself for the cold feeling of the floor on her back .

But instead she found herself in Lucas's arms , she could feel his calloused hands on her waist , the feeling sending shivers done her spine . She looked up at his eyes to find him already staring at her , she could feel heat creeping up her neck and ears .

Thankfully ,they were in a relatively empty corner of the hall , most of the crowd was near the centre where her father and sister were present , so she wouldn't have to feel the continuous, uncomfortable stares of the nobles .

"I-I'm sorry " She stammered as she freed herself from his grasp , suddenly missing the warm feel of his arms around her , she looked everywhere but him . The tension between them was usually awkward , but the current situation made things worse .

"It's fine " Lucas replied as he stared at her with amusement glinting in his eyes .  He felt good to say the least , seeing her after so long . After all she had never left his mind till now .

————