|34|

Target - 25+ votes , 5+ comments

Third person PoV

Athanasia and Claude were still unconscious.  Lucas wasn't back , and Aina was stressed out with all the work , on top of her frequent migraines and insomnia . None of the court magicians knew bout their condition, and she wanted nothing more than to kill them at that moment .

She grew frustrated at their useless answers about they couldn't do anything , but she knew killing them wasn't the solution at least not for now .

She never thought that she would've actually wished for Lucas's presence , but here she was hoping that he'd come soon . While she could just kill Claude now easily , she didn't want to .

A part of her , a deep , sadistic, twisted part that was buried deep inside and wasn't revealed to anyone except herself , wouldn't be satisfied. She wanted to see desperation on his face , as she took everything that was his . She wanted to see his blood stain the marbled floor as a reminder that he was entirely powerless in front of her . She wanted his blood to seep through the tiles .

————

Moonlight sneaked it's way into the room through the balcony , a gust cold wind flowing into the wind . Pale jewelled eyes shone in the dim light , making their owners presence known to the room .

Aina groaned in annoyance as she touched the side of her rib cage through her night dress . She had been practising swordsmanship with Calcion to take her mind off all the current affairs . But her mind wasn't able to focus properly, and that resulted in her getting her ribs bruised .

She slowly sat herself on the bed , careful to not accidentally hurt her ribs more . She sighed softly as she yawned , slowly laying down , deciding that some sleep would do her good .

But sleep was far from her , as she laid down aimlessly staring at the ceiling. Her body was tired , but her mind simply wasn't able to rest . She kept replaying the situation , thinking what would have happened if it was her instead of her sister , she wondered if Claude would have thrown his safety away just to save her .

She immediately chuckled at her thought , she had given up a long time back , she knew she wouldn't receive his love ever in her life , and it didn't matter anymore to her .

Sure she knew from the start when she was reincarnated that she wouldn't get her father's love . But she was still a kid yearning for love when she was young , every time she thought about how much Claude loved Athy , and didn't spare a glance at her , a part of her broke into tiny minute pieces .

But when he sent her away , when he himself purposefully sent her away she completely stopped wishing for his love . When he had sent her away , she realised that her father was not someone  who deserved her tears , he wasn't someone who deserved her pain . She gave up on him .

And now she couldn't be more proud of herself for doing that , because now she can see clearly that Claude is nothing but a selfish , arrogant and manipulative person .

But she is his daughter after all , so who would she be to stop his tradition . He killed to take the throne , so it would only be right , if she also killed to take the throne .

— — — —

Sunlight entered the room , lighting everything up . A small groan left her mouth as the sunlight hit her face , make her twist and turn , annoyed that her sleep was getting disturbed .

After finally deciding on a comfortable position, she ended up with one leg dangling off the bed , as she slept peacefully. But her peace was destroyed in just a few short moments , as a knock came .

She clicked her tongue , slowly sitting up as she rubbed her eyes , trying to get the sleep out . "Come in." She called out , as she fixed her hair and pulled down her satin night dress .

Her eyes trailed towards the door , seeing Lucy enter her room . "Your highness , you have to get ready for the meeting with the nobles." Lucy told Aina .

Aina's eyebrows scrunched up a bit in confusion, when realisation finally hit her , she herself had ordered for the meeting to be held today . She sent Lucy out , saying that she would get ready on her own .

She made her way to the bath that Lucy had quickly prepared for her , she slowly sunk in the hot water , relishing in the relief it gave her , her wound feeling a bit better than the night before .

She looked at herself in the mirror , running her hands over her curves , as she looked at herself with satisfaction. She was wearing a proper royal dress , one that a monarch would wear . She sighed in delight as she placed her crown on top of her head .

( her dress )

( her dress )

She walked to her door , stealing one last glance at herself before smiling as she walked out . Her eyes went towards Calcion and Carter , standing outside waiting for her .

"Your highness." They acknowledged as they accompanied her to the main palace for the meeting . She walked in long strides , her 5'8 frame was a rare sight in the kingdom as most people preferred women to be shorter , but she liked her height as is . She liked being tall .

She finally reached the meeting room , taking a deep breath in she walked inside . Her eyes roamed the room , registering each and every face .

"Your highness ." The nobles greeted her . Their eyes followed her , resembling a falcon watching its prey . She glared back at them , making sure they didn't forget that she was the one in charge .

As she slowly sat down on the head throne of the table her eyes snapped to the man accompanying Duke Alpheus , the man was unsurprisingly Viscount Patterson , or as Aina would call him ,The former emperor Anastacius.

Calcion and Carter stood behind her as her guards .

"I suppose all of you have come for a reason , not just some useless gossip ." Her sharp resonated through the room , as the voices died down alongside it .

-x-x-x-x-x-

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter !

Vote and comment below !