|15|

I want to make one thing clear , that Cal is currently 19 and so is Sky , while Aisha is 25 . Aina is 5 years younger than Cal .

Aina PoV

I had arrived at the North a week ago , it had been snowing heavily for the whole time so I couldn't exactly go out .

I had met with Alyosha by now and he was absolutely adorable , it was clear that he took after Ruby , while Cal took after his father .

It was afternoon right now , I was going to meet with Ruby . She was as sweet as the novel portrayed her to be .

I felt like the sun was next to me whenever I was with Ruby . She truly was the human version of sunshine. I don't think I've ever met a more pure soul than her .

"It's me , Aina " I said walking in to the greenhouse where Ruby was waiting for me .

"Welcome , I was waiting for you " Ruby said as she smiled warmly towards me .

"I hope I didn't make you wait too long" I said as I sat down in front of her , the greenhouse truly was a masterpiece.

"No , no , Of course not " Ruby as she moved her hands , trying to show it was no problem.

We sat there talking for some time , we talked about random things , things we like , our favourite foods , our hobbies . I had fun with her .

I looked outside the greenhouse and saw that it had stopped snowing, only a few snowflakes falling here and there .The north was a beautiful place , if you liked the cold .

"Princess , Ruby , I apologise for interrupting you too , but I need the princess too take a look at something " a voice said coming into the greenhouse, who I recognised to be Izek .

"It's completely fine , I hope to have tea with you soon , duchess " I said as I nodded towards her as I got up , and her husband .

The hallways were completely quiet , only the clacking of shoes could be heard as I walked behind him , following izek to his  study .

I was confused as to what he wanted , but nevertheless I followed him quietly.

We finally reached his study , as we walked in , he went towards his desk as he sat down expecting me to sit down in front of him .

"Now that no one can listen to us , What exactly are you here for?" He asked me as soon as I sat down .

I smirked , he truly was the great northern duke , he lived to the tales about him , he caught on  pretty quick.

"I am only here to help the North " I said calmly wondering if he would question more , and how far he would go .

"The royal family has never cared for the North before , so why now ?" He asked me , as he fixed a cold glare on me .

'Man , he truly is scary , Ruby where are you !? I'm going to die !!" I cried in my mind , feeling him glare at me , Ruby was the only one who could melt his icy heart .

"It may seem like that , but the north is a part of the empire , and we care for all our citizens" i said calmly , trying to ignore my nerves , if I was going to kill Claude I had to not be scared .

"If that was the case , why would the emperor send his beloved daughter to the North ?"

My face immediately darkened at his question , he was prying into the royal family's business, trying to find out weaknesses.

"Duke as you may know I have a younger sister, and I haven't been crowned crown princess, so I have to strengthen my support don't I ?"

"So it is true , the daughter of the empire , is unfavored in the eyes of the emperor "

My blood boiled at his words , he was trying to get under my skin , and that was exactly what he was doing .

"Watch your words duke , do not forget that I am above you " I said as I returned the glare he sent towards me .

"So what are you here for ?" He asked me , knowing that I have secret intentions with this visit .

I smirked at his words , he truly was sharp , to have his support would truly make me win this game .

"My , duke , It seems you truly are a cunning man " I say as I look towards him .

"You are the same , are you not princess?" He asked me , I could tell he wanted to find out everything.

"That I am , Duke , in the run for the heir , who would you choose ?" I asked him , wanting to know his answer .

"Both of you , haven't shown your cards yet , so I have yet to decide"

"If you choose me , I can promise the safety of your family , even though you are quite strong you cannot protect them forever" I say , knowing that it would get a reaction out of him .

"What do you mean by that ?" He asked me , his tone laced with killing intent .

"Duke , like you said I haven't shown all my cards yet, wouldn't it be a shame if I were to reveal everything?" I answered him with a question.

He remained silent , thinking about my words , whether or not I was telling the truth .

"It is merely a choice to choose the winning side or the loosing side , I'm sure you know which is which " I said to him as I got up and left his study .

I had left a good enough impression on him , he didn't want to follow the emperor , the best chance for him would be to support me .

...

How was the chapter? Comment below.

Thank you all so much for 2.28k views !!