|33|

This is getting tiring now , very few of you all actually vote . I was going to post this chapter earlier but seeing the number of votes on the previous chapter seriously demotivated me .

There are 200+ reads , but only 14 votes . What is this ratio ?

Do you have any problem with my writing , if so please tell me what it is , so I can work on it .

From now on I'm going to be setting a target , if the target isn't completed the next chapter won't be posted .

Target- 20+ votes

I'll slowly increase the target in the upcoming chapters .

-x-x-x-x-

Aina was walking out of her room to get some water . Normally a princess would have no reason to get water herself . But Claude hadn't appointed the appropriate number of maids for a palace so big . Her palace was severely understaffed. So she usually did the measly tasks on her own .

She yawned as she covered her mouth with the back of her hand . It had a week since she had gotten proper rest . She had no chance to take a break , most of her time went in 2 tasks doing paperwork for Claude and making preparations for the arrival of Izek and his family .

No one except her people knew about their arrival , she couldn't have Claude finding out . It was a key part of her plan , since she was already eighteen if she could have the nobles on her side , Claude would have no power over her .

Her heels clicked as she walked . After finally getting herself some water , she was about to go back to her room, when she heard screams . Her head snapped towards the direction of the screams , which surprised her as it was Athanasia's garden .

She quickly walked out of her palace , spotting Carter and Calcion on her way , and went with them . As soon as she reached she saw a bright light coming out of the pet wolf Athanasia kept with her .

The scene was a mess to say the least , the party guests were scattered in the garden away from the bright light , all of them stood still in fear . She also saw Claude and Felix running towards Athanasia .

Aina tried her best to recall if this seen had happened in the original manhwa she read . But she just couldn't seem to remember , she had always been told that she had a bad memory , but it never bothered her till now .

Aina snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Felix screaming at Claude . The light had now completely surrounded Athanasia, and blood was coming out of her mouth .

The next moments passed by in a blur , the light reminding Aina of the moment she died in her past life . The light similar to car's headlight before it crashed into her . Before Aina knew it she was on the verge of having a panic attack .

The only way she was able to get inside was due to Carter supporting her weight as he led her inside .

— — — —

It was the next day . Claude and Athanasia were  in a coma . And Aina alone was left to deal with the entire state affairs . She was currently walking towards Claude's room .

She sighed in exhaustion she hadn't slept yesterday since the incident , and even before that she hadn't gotten proper sleep . She finally reached his room , just as she was about to enter , a voice called out to her .

"Your highness !" Felix called out as he walked in long strides covering the distance between them in a few seconds .

"Yes ?" She questioned him , she was already to tired she didn't have more energy to deal with another situation.

"The nobles are continuously requesting for a meeting ." He responded as he looked at her expectantly, waiting for a reply . Felix hadn't been around to see Aina grow up into the adult she is today . He was Claude's personal guard and stayed by his side at all times . Felix had grown quite close to the previous Empress Iris . She was a good person by nature and heart .

But as time led Claude away from Iris ,so did Felix . And sooner or later , Diana showed up , and Felix had seen Claude fall miserably fall in love with her . Iris was no longer someone of any standing to Claude , while Felix felt bad , he himself knew that he too drifted away to Diana in just a matter of time .

"Tell them that a meeting will be held tomorrow , and make sure that no news about Claude gets out of the palace ." Her voice snapped him out of her thoughts , the way she said Claude so easily unsettled him . But he couldn't blame her , he knew that Claude had made no effort to even meet her , so why would she see him as a father .

"Of course , your highness." He replied as he left to send out letters to all the impatient nobles .

Aina clicked her tongue in frustration. Claude and Athanasia weren't healing at all , and no court magician had any idea at how to heal them properly . The only one she  knew who was capable of healing them , was Lucas , and annoyingly so he was missing when the time of need actually came .

She entered her father's room , sending the attendee out . She took a small stool and placed it near the bed , and sat on it . From her current position she looked at him , he was a truly handsome man she herself could not deny that , but he had the personality of a rotten apple .

He looked almost vulnerable. Seeing that eased out , calmed expression on his face some how irked her . She didn't feel like he deserved the comfort of going away from life's problems .

Unknowingly her hand went to the dagger hidden underneath her dress . She wondered what would happen if she simply slit his throat , would she delight in watching his blood run ? Would she laugh at how pathetic he looked ? She didn't know .

She slowly took out the dagger , she traced the intricate patterns on the blade and the handle . It was a marvellous dagger to say the least , the intricate patterns on the blade were a symbol that no ordinary blacksmith had made it . She patiently brought the blade to his neck .

She hovered it above his neck , just a simple move would result in her pricking his neck , just as she slowly lowered the blade , a knock resonated throughout the room .

She immediately placed the dagger away and answered the door .

-x-x-x-x-x-

Hope you all enjoyed the chapter !