|11|

She again was supposed to meet with emperor today, she was honestly annoyed for being forced to accept his invitations .

She wasn't able to figure out his hidden reasons for which he invited her to tea so frequently. She was frustrated that she couldn't figure it out .

She was also curious about what happened to the original Aina , when did the original die , cause she was sure that the original didn't die when Athanasia was born .

'The original Aina is a mystery that begs to be solved , there is something ominous whenever I try to look into the memories of her body . In another book I had read the body remembered the memories of it's past life , and I'm sure that This body as well contains memories.' She thought to herself , she wanted to figure what exactly happened to the original Aina .

Soon the red headed guard , whom she had grown accustomed to , came to lead her to the throne room where her father was waiting for her .

"Blessings and Glory upon the Sun of the Empire " she said as she curtsied.

He let out a hum , indicating her to get up . She straightened herself as she stared towards  him . Their almost identical eyes clashing with each other.

"It seems you are in good health " Claude as he stared down at her , since he was sitting on his throne with Felix standing behind him .

"Yes your majesty, it is all due to my maids " she said as she stared towards him , she wasn't exactly scared of what he would do to her , since she could just teleport away . She had learned teleportation, just so if anything happened she could escape .

"Ah yes , what was her name A-Alisha I presume ?" He said as he pondered as to what that maid's name was .

"Aisha , your majesty " she said as she smiled towards him in annoyance.

"Do you know why I have called you today ?"

'Of course not you doofus , you haven't told me smack , how would I know !?' Was what she wanted to say to him , but settled for saying this in her mind .

"No your majesty , I have no clue as to why you have asked for my audience today " she replied as she stared towards the floor , she was finally going to find out what he wanted from her .

Finally, she would be able to sleep during the night. Every night her mind would be filled with questions about what twisted thing he wanted from her .

A part of her was nervous as to what he might make her do .

She didn't have a good image of Claude in her mind , so only twisted things were coming to her mind when she thought about it .

She didn't know why but every time she saw Claude , the only thing that came in mind was why did he ever desire to marry Iris , her mother , it was a question that haunted her mind .

Since he had already killed his family , there would be no reason for it to be a marriage arranged by his parents . She truly couldn't understand why someone like Claude decided to marry her mother .

Was there a deal between them ? But for Claude to accept a deal it would have to benefit him greatly , an heir ? No , he would rather watch the world burn , what could have possibly intrigued him to marry Iris ?

"I have been told you know swordsmanship " Claude said , snapping her out of her thoughts .

"Yes , your majesty " she said in return , she was confused as to why he was asking this .

"I don't remember hiring a teacher for you ?" He questioned the girl in front of her .

'Of course you haven't, if it wasn't for Aisha I would have died due to starvation!' She screamed in her mind . She wanted to say that so badly .

"My personal guard , Calcion Omerta , taught me your majesty " she said as she met with his cold jewelled eyes .

"I see ,then you'll be able to do this task , I assume " he said as he smirked at her .

"May I know , what is this task ?" She asked him , as she fixed him with her stare .

"Do you know about the crisis in the north ?"

"Yes , your majesty, the number of magical beasts , which come from the dark forest , attacking the north have increased tremendously " she said , sort of confused as to why he would ask this .

"I want you to go to the north and deal with those beasts " he said .

Her eyes widened as she stared at him in shock , to do something like this it would take years for the numbers to go down . She couldn't believe her ears .

"Your majesty , you can't possibly be serious, it would take years ." She said hoping to make him change his decision.

"What I have said is final , you shall leave soon " he said , leaving no space for someone to talk back . She couldn't believe it .

...
How was the chapter?

Also did anyone catch the reference? 'Calcion omerta ' as in 'izek van omerta' from How to get my husband on my side .
In my au Calcion is Izek's and Ruby's oldest son .