|24|

In the current timeline -
Calcion - 23
Sky -23
Carter-24
Lucy-23

Third person PoV

"You're squeezing me " Aina breathed out , her gaze soft as she stared at her ladies in waiting, as they squeezed her to death while hugging her .

"Sorry not sorry " Sky said as she finally left Aina , looking at her with a smile on her face . "You really couldn't inform us that you were coming ?" Calcion questioned as he stared at the princess with a deadpan look on his face .

"It wouldn't be a surprise than would it ?" She said in a matter-of-fact voice , as she looked at him . She grinned at him as he sighed and shook his head .

...

The warm sunlight hit her face , her skin reflected the light making it look like gold . She yawned as she opened her eyes , slowly sitting up on her bed . She had slept late last night as she spent most of her time talking and mingling with some nobles , after all she came back to the capital after 5 years .

"God , what time is it ?" She mumbled to herself as she ran a hand through her hair . She opened her eyes , hissing in annoyance as the bright light hit her face , her jewelled eyes shone in the light , as she muttered in annoyance about how she forgot to close the curtains .

She contemplated about going to sleep once more , just she went to lay down , the doors of her room burst open . She glared at the intruders , Sky and Lucy . "What is wrong with you ?" Aina questioned them . They both just looked at each other and shrugged .

"The emperor wants to meet with you " Sky told Her , and watched as all the colour drained from her face . "What does he want now ?" Aina groaned  as she got up from her bed .

"Princess , you should go and get ready we'll prepare the dress " Lucy said as she smiled and walked towards the closet , Aina nodded in response and walked to the bathroom .

She closed the door as she stared at her reflection for a bit , the anger which was rooted deep inside her , rose once again as she traced all the features she shared with Claude , as memories from the past resurfaced again .

She walked to the marble coated ceramic tub , and slowly got in the vanilla scented water . She hissed in pain as the warm water came in contact with the scars on her back . She slowly relaxed as the warm water now felt soothing.

She stepped out of the tub , steam lingered in the bathroom as she wrapped a towel around herself . Her hair cascaded down her back reaching till her knees , it was much longer and she hadn't cut it in a long time . She dried herself as she wrapped another towel around her hair .

She stepped out of the bathroom as she noticed a dress kept for her on her bed . She changed into the dress , looking at her reflection as she smoothed her dress a bit .

 She changed into the dress , looking at her reflection as she smoothed her dress a bit

(The dress she's wearing)

(The necklace that she's wearing)

She wore a simple necklace and a pair of earrings . She decided to let her hair open , she grabbed a blue ribbon and tied it around her hair . She walked out of her , and saw Carter coming towards her , she smiled at him . "Princess , I'm here to escort you " Carter said as walked towards her , she nodded in response and stared walking with him . "Where is he waiting?" She questioned, look forward , "In the royal garden , your highness " Carter replied .

They  soon reached the garden , they saw Claude and Felix standing in some distance. Aina motioned for Carter to leave , he bowed and left her . "Blessings and glory upon the sun of the empire " Aina greeted as she came closer to them .

Claude simply nodded and started walking , she took that as a sign to follow him . She walked behind him , until he stopped abruptly , making her almost collide with him "Why are you walking behind me ?" He questioned her , her face contorted into that of confusion as she blankly stared at him  .

"Well , you are the emperor , how could I a lowly person walk beside you , your majesty " she replied as she looked down and gritted her teeth . She didn't like the idea of her calling herself lesser than a coward like him , but she knew that if she wanted her plan to succeed she would have to make sure that he would never see it coming .

"What nonsense are you bickering? " he casually asked her , she stared at him thinking how could one be so arrogant and selfish as he was . She ignored him as she continued walking with him thankfully , he didn't say anything about it .

She currently wanted to rip apart his flesh with her bare hands . The way he spoke like he was above all , made her want to punch him in the face , but sadly she had to control her urges to do unspeakable things to him .

...

How was the chapter ? Comment below

Also , do you want Aina to have a love interest or do you want her to remain single ?

If you want her to have a love interest , who do you want as her love interest , Lucas or ijekiel ?