|27|

The dress Aina's wearing .

Third Person PoV

The sound of heels clicking against the floors echoed through the corridor , her dress trailed down the stairs as she climbed them . The light blue dress in contrast to the gold and red hallways .

She stopped in front of a room , she passed a glance to the guard standing by the room . He immediately opened the doors announcing her entrance , "Her royal highness, Princess Aina" .

She nodded in return as she strolled inside the room , "Duke Alpheus , to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit ?" She questioned leisurely as she sat down on a couch in front of him .

"Your highness , as you know there will be a meeting-" before Roger , could continue he was cut off , "A meeting with the nobles today evening, Cut to the chase Duke" she said as she looked at him with her hooded eyes , her hair pulled back into a braided bun with small gold flowers around it .

"I want your highness , to allow my son to escort you to the meeting" Roger replied looking back at her with the same cool gaze she had on him . "Izekiel Alpheus , What makes him worthy of escorting me , the first princess ?" She questioned, knowing that there was a message underlying his words .

"He is the heir to the Alpheus dukedom . And is considered someone far more knowledgeable than the common man ." Roger replied in a heartbeat , not wasting any time . She quirked an eyebrow at him , "You say he is more knowledgeable than a common man , but I'm not looking for a common man . So the comparison doesn't win him any favour of mine ." She countered , gazing at him , urging him to speak .

"Your highness, that is not what I mean "

"Then cut to the chase . Why would you like to show allegiance with a princess clearly not favoured by the Emperor ? your best bet would be to go with my sister , if you wish to win the emperor's favour "

She answered knowing his intentions , he didn't want his son's well-being or anything like that , he wanted power and wealth . He was a greedy and shrewd man , who'd do anything for power and money , that was the sole reason she respected him . His drive for wealth , was the one thing she resonated with .

"Simply because I believe that you are most likely to be the next ruler " he stated as he picked up his tea cup , and drank quietly as he stared at her , analysing her .

"Why ? I'm not favoured by the emperor , and he holds all authority. What makes you think that I'll inherit the throne , Duke?" She questioned, she smirked to herself knowing that he was indeed a cunning man . 'If me and Athanasia weren't born , and there were no heirs .I'm sure that he would be able to get the throne for himself.' She thought in her head as she assessed him.

"It's quite simple really , your highness. It's clear that you are much more cunning and strategic then your sister . I believe that you will be able to easily take the throne ." He answered after a few seconds , her gaze never left him as she contemplated her options .

"So , you wish to join my side ?" She questioned as she saw him place his teacup down . Her gaze not leaving him , she still wasn't sure whether or not he would actually join her side .

"Precisely ,your highness " He answered as he awaited her answer to his first question.

"Fine , I'll enter on my own , but your son can escort me from then onwards ." She answered as she got up from the couch and walked towards the door .

She turned back , as her lips curled up into a small smirk . "I'll see you and your special companion tonight , Duke " those were her last words to him , as she left the room .

She walked away , knowing she had to prepare for the small party held tonight in the palace . She knew that this would be her chance to strengthen her ties with nobles , and ensure that they choose her for the throne .

She entered her room , as she slumped against her desk , loosing herself in her thoughts . She still hadn't exactly met with Athanasia after the little stunt she had pulled before leaving for the north .

Her thoughts ran wild , there was not a single moment when her head was clear , it was always filled with unwanted thoughts .

She sighed as she pushed herself to stand straight , she knew that she had just pulled a stunt which had a high chance of backfiring on her . It was a gamble , but according to what she remembered, Anastacius was supposed to come tonight with Duke Alpheus.

She looked outside the windows of her room , noticing that it was already evening she knew the party was about to begin . She walked to her dressing table , as she redid her hair .

 She walked to her dressing table , as she redid her hair

(Her hair )

She took a deep breath as she exited her room , walking down the hallways to the ball room .  Her heels clicked against the floor , her dress trailed behind her . Her heart fluttered with sudden nervousness . Her moves slow , to not mess up .

She glanced at the guard guarding the entrance to the ballroom . He bowed to her as he opened the door for her , as he announced her entry .

As soon as she entered the ballroom , she was greeted with the sight of nobles from all places staring right back at her , awaiting her entry .

She slowly descended the stairs her dress trailing around her . Her crown placed on top of her head . Her eyes wandered around the room , and finally settled on a pair of eyes similar to hers . Her gaze took in her father standing next to her little sister , he was staring right back at her .

She wasn't someone to back away , but looked away , as she had reached the bottom of the stairs . Her eyes met a pair of golden eyes , admiring her own . She softly smiled at him , reminding herself what she was here for , as she walked towards him .

"Your highness , Izekiel Alpheus " He introduced himself as he bowed , she signalled for him to stand up , she took his forwarded hand , as she greeted back .

A pair of red eyes , trailed them as they talked to each other , the owner burning in jealousy . He frowned looking at the pair , he didn't like seeing them together , but wasn't able to figure out why .

...
How was the chapter ? Comment below

Hope you all liked it !