|05|

Thank you guys for 100 reads !!
The above picture is of Aina at 13 years old
(Credit to the artist )

...

5 years later
Third person PoV

She was reading in the library of the empress palace . The library , white garden and the training grounds were the only places she could be found . She would train in the morning , then visit the garden and then the library and train again , that was her schedule. She did nothing more than that .

'I should make plans to visit Athanasia, after all I should visit the female lead ' she thought . She was thinking of a plan to visit her younger sister. ' hmm but she would have met Claude by now , but I don't think he asked ker to switch palaces yet . So I have some time ' she thought to herself . As she once again lost herself in her thoughts.

She suddenly flinched as she felt someone's presence . She looked outside the window , it was evening already .

'Fuck I didn't even realise , and now there assassins. Just fucking amazing ' she thought as she cursed herself .

She concentrated herself , she had 2 daggers attached to her thighs , so she would be able to fight .

There were 5 assassins after her . As she got up slowly making her way to the door , she carefully took out her daggers without the assassins noticing. She was about to open the door as a dagger flew past her cheek .

'Hah you chose the wrong person , fuckers ' she said in her mind , as she turned around and smirked .

She may be only 13 years old , but she was a skilled swordsman. She also knew how to be sneaky and assassinate someone . She was ready for any attack . And she had lived before this life .

4 of the assassins came out of the shadows . 'So one of them is hiding behind the bookshelf' she uttered in her mind . She threw a dagger at the one hiding behind .
He dropped down dead , with blood flowing out of his neck . She smirked when she saw the shocked expression on their faces . One by one they came on her , she easily defeated them all . Even her basic training with Calcion would be harder than this .
"Couldn't even interest me , how weak " she said . She was covered in blood , but of course it wasn't her own blood .

"Princess , his royal majesty, the emperor, is calling for you " Felix said as he walked in without knocking .
She looked towards the door and then at him with an icy glare .
"W-what happe-" Felix was cut by Aina

"Are you dumb, or do you not possess a brain ?" She asked him as she stared at him .
"Princess what do you - " he was again cut off by her .

"Tch, did you forget where you stand in front of me ? I am an Imperial Princess, I am not someone, who deserves such shallow respect or do you need to be taught respect ?"she asked him , her voice held no mercy . He flinched as she spoke . Her eyes shone a bright blue at she glared at him .

"I apologise for my insolence , your imperial highness " he spoke under her glare .
"Alright let us go now " she said as she started walking .
"Wait , princess -" he was once again cut off by her

"We shouldn't keep the emperor waiting should we ?" She asked him , with a malicious look in her eyes .
"Of course , your imperial highness " he spoke as ke started following her .

They soon reached the throne room , Felix knocked on the door and asked to enter . She then entered the room .

"Blessings and glory up on the sun of obelia " she greeted as she bowed to her father , the emperor .
She could feel his glare on her head , she felt as if he would make a hole in her head .

"Daddy ! who is she ?" She heard a childish voice ask , she recognised it to be Athanasia.
'I'm glad now that I didn't meet her yet , I think I would get a headache ' she thought to herself

"She's just a pest " she heard Claude say , she felt even more rage build up.
'Hah , this bastard , I'm your daughter " she thought to herself .
"I'm the only daughter of the emperor and empress " she said as she looked up to them . Her jewelled eyes glowed as she spoke to them . She resembled Claude at that moment .

Athanasia had a look of confusion on her face , she was confused about Aina's existence. Since Aina never showed up in the novel . Even Claude's previous marriage wasn't mentioned.

"Daddy , Athy's confused " Athanasia suddenly said . Aina turned her head to look at the princess , who was looking up at her father .

"It means that I am the only daughter of the empire , second princess " Aina said , as she looked at Athanasia.
Athanasia flinched when she heard the words 'second princess ' as she was reminded of her status , and that the one standing in front of her was of a much higher position than her .

"Only ?" Claude questioned her , as he glared at the one , who dared to glare back at him .

"Of course your majesty, I'm the only daughter of the emperor and empress. And the second princess was born to a concubine " she said with emphasis on the word concubine , after all that was the truth .

"Have you never learned manners ? To speak as such in front of the emperor ?" He questioned her , he was slightly interested in her . As she was the only one who dared to speak in this way , in-front of him .

"I have taken etiquette lessons your majesty , I was told that I had perfect etiquette. After all have I not just spoken the truth ? I'm supposed to say nothing but the truth in front of the emperor " she said with a strange calmness in her voice , and a tint of coldness in her eyes .

'Does he truly think he can trample all over me or what ?' She thought to herself , as she rolled her eyes .

"You're excused for now " Claude said as he got up from the throne . She turned around and started to walk towards the door .

"Where do you think you're going ?" Claude questioned her , as she was leaving the room . She turned to face him confused but quickly gained her composure.

"You're coming for dinner with us " Claude said . He then smirked when he saw her shocked expression.

...

Did you all like this chapter , I personally was only okay-okay with the chapter .

I absolutely love Felix , but in this chapter I made him into an ignorant character. So I'm sad , there will definitely be characters development.

Words : 1197