|16|

Aina PoV

I had been in the north for a month now , I still hadn't received an answer from Izek , as to whether he would be choosing me or Athy .

I had been to the outskirts of the dark forest , it was clear that the number of the monsters had increased , and before they would rarely come out , but now they would frequently attack.

I could also feel a lot of dark energy , coming from the forest , it was clear that black magic had been used . I thought it might have been Anastacius.

But he was staying with that white dog , so it couldn't possibly be him . There was no reason for him to come to the north .

I hadn't told anyone that I felt black magic in the forest . Since , it would only arise more fear and panic . I decided that I would deal with it on my own .

Besides it would be good practice for me , since my magic was weak , compared to my sword abilities.

It was currently midnight, I couldn't sleep . I went to my room's balcony, it was cold , but it had stopped snowing  .

It was February currently, though only a week was left for march to begin . The warm months would begin soon , march to June were pleasantly warm . Then the cold would come .

I was standing in my balcony for quite some time . I decided on something that I might regret on the future , but it didn't matter as currently I was going to the dark forest .

I jumped out of the balcony , I was fine since my room was on the second floor and I was used to doing things like this . In my past life , I used to sneak out a lot at night to just roam around.

I almost slipped while landing, but everything was fine , it was just some snow .

I slowly made my way to the outskirts of the dark forest. The black magic felt even stronger at night , I was glad that I made this decision.

I carefully entered the forest and masked my presence , to make sure no monster would discover me . I was carrying my sword , and had a hidden dagger strapped to my thigh . I always carried my dagger , no matter where I was going .

I slowly made my way deeper into the dark forest, I could feel the black magic growing stronger . I was careful not to step on anything that might make noise .

I was way deeper into the forest than I was thinking of going , I suddenly felt a sharp pain shoot through my head , I immediately grabbed it and bent down .

I felt drowsy as I clutched my head in pain . I didn't notice but as I looked up ,I saw a monster not so far away from me . It was a dead soul in an armour with a spear in its hands .

My presence must have been discovered by this monster, or was it due to the black magic ? I didn't have time to think about these things .

My breathing fastened, as I stared at it in shock , I didn't have enough time to run away from it .

I was glad that I had learned teleportation as I teleported to my room .

I immediately coughed out blood . I was shocked to see myself coughing blood . My head was still paining , I went to my bathroom , as I washed my face .

I stopped coughing blood , but the pain in my head remained, as I went towards my bed and laid down . I felt drowsy , I was confused as to what happened in the dark forest , but I decided to sleep on it . Luckily I was drowsy so I fell asleep quickly.

I felt the warm sunlight hit my face , I grumbled and turned around not wanting to leave my bed so quick . But my mind was filled with thoughts about what happened last night so I couldn't sleep once again.

I groaned as I sat up , and poured myself some water from my bedside table . I still had a slight headache .

Everything that happened last night was a complete mystery, but yet it wasn't. It was clear everything was linked to black magic .

But what exactly caused that black magic to go out of control? I was confused as to how that black magic even accumulated in the forest .

It was clear that there was a black magic source deep inside the forest . But what exactly triggered inside of me when I got close to the source?

Was it because I had met with Claude several times now ? Since he himself has a lot black magic inside of him , maybe because of me meeting him , the black magic triggered the lingering black magic inside of me left due to Claude .

But I hadn't met Claude for so long , and I would've definitely felt the black magic before . I couldn't understand what exactly happened yesterday.

But I knew I couldn't tell anyone about this , I was going to deal with this on my own . This will only cause worry to the people of north .

...
How was the chapter ?
I hope you all liked it .