|36|

Hope you all like the chapter !

Target-35+ votes , 5+comments

Third Person PoV

Sun rays entered the room , peeking through the curtains , lighting the entire room in a soft yellow glow . Aina groaned in annoyance as the light hit her face , making her twist and turn in her bed .

Much to her annoyance sleep didn't make its way back to her , sighing slowly she sat up on her bed . She thought that she would be able to relax today , but then everything that happened yesterday came rushing in her mind .

She made her way to the bath to prepare for the day and meet Claude since he had finally woken up . Looking at herself in the mirror , she sighed , tracing the dark circles under her eyes , the frown lines forming on her forehead . She shook her head as she walked to the bath and slowly lowered herself in the warm water . The warm felt almost therapeutic with everything that was going on in her life .

After finally getting ready in a simple floor length dress , she walked out of her room . Her head hurt just thinking about everything she had to deal with currently , her idiot father , and her uncle , then the nobles who knew nothing but talked as if they witnessed everything first hand , and then finally Lucas , the kiss was still fresh in her mind , her face burned crimson every time she thought about it .

After some time she reached Claude's room , she contemplated for moment whether she should knock , but decided against it as she waltzed in the room , her gaze falling on Claude sitting upright on his bed , while Lucas was also in the room alongside Felix .

"Your majesty" Aina greeted Claude , snapping his attention towards her . He looked disheveled, his hair messy multiple strands falling on his forehead, his eyes droopy , dark eye bags present under his eyes .

"Aina" Claude spoke , her eyes widened slightly when she heard him call her name , never once in her life had he acknowledged her properly , and if he had used her name it was in a demeaning manner . But this time , it was different he spoke as to how a father would call his daughter and that unsettled her .

"How is his health ?" Aina asked Lucas , ignoring Claude. She had told Lucas last night to check up on Claude .

"His body is still weak, but it would go back to normal if he rests properly. " Lucas responded, his eyes flickering between the father daughter duo noticing the tension between the two.

"I see. How long will it take? " She questioned him, her eyes flickering to the wizard, the shyness about the kiss seemingly long gone at that moment. Her eyes were hardened, the dark circles less prominent than the week before .

"About a month for him to fully week , but a week or two should suffice." Lucas answered back , his eyes never leaving hers . He wanted to talk with her , but he knew she needed some alone time with her father . He left the room after telling Aina that he had some work to do , after all he was the official royal wizard .  Felix too left the room sensing the tension .

Aina nodded in response to Lucas as he left , a stray strand of her red hair fell on her face , the rest of her hair slicked back into a tight bun . Her swan like neck adorned with jewels , her dress a beautiful green cascading down to the floor.

"Why'd you jump to save her?"

"She's my daughter . Of course I would do anything to save her." Claude replied his gaze fixed on her , a scoff almost left her when she heard his reply .

"Yet , you were the one who drove away your lover because she did the same ." Aina retorted she wanted to dig deep into his soul , she wondered how 'Lovely Princess' Claude would behave , 'who made me a princess' version of him is supposed to be better but he already gets under her skin so much .

"That was a mistake." He answered his eyes hardening at her words , his jaw clenched .

"Angry already ,father?" She mocked , simply the word father coming from her was nothing short of a mock in itself .

"I suggest you watch your words." He warned , his voice cold and hard .

"And what exactly will you do ? Execute me ?  Throw me in the dungeons ? You're too much of a coward to kill me . Admit it ." She contradicted him , she knew he wouldn't be able to harm her . Besides she  didn't need to act quiet any longer she had the nobles on her side , and if she could persuade Anastacius, he would be no one in front of her .

Claude glared at her , his nostrils flaring . Her words took a deep hit on his blackened soul , what he had done with Diana was a mistake . Especially now , when he was unconscious he had realised his mistakes , but hearing her mock him about them , angered him . He was an egotistical bastard by all means , and she took every chance she could get to take a hit on his ego .

"It is time you open your eyes , you cannot stop me anymore . I will be taking the throne by any means ." Aina proclaimed before walking out . She had enough , she would no longer hide , it was time she took what was hers .

As soon as she walked outside her eyes met Felix , but he could only turn his gaze away . "Take care of your king." She told him before walking away . Every time he saw her , he was reminded of his empress , the one who he watched die and did nothing . He was too deep in guilt, he regretted how he didn't make any effort to help the princess , but it was too late now for apologises .

-x-x-x-x-x-

How was the chapter ? Comment below .