|22|

The picture above is Aina at 18 .
Credits to the artist.

Hi ! I'm back .

Well not exactly , I'll only post if I have time , I'll start posting regularly near the end of September.

...

"Carter , prepare a carriage to leave in a few days " she ordered her personal guard  , Carter Woodwork .

"As you wish , your highness " her guard replied as he bowed . "Blessings and glory upon the first jewel of the empire " he greeted in respect as he left the study .

She sighed looking around at all the remaining paperwork on her desk . She still had paperwork to do even if she didn't live in the palace .  She rubbed her forehead as she looked at the never ending pile of paperwork .

She had been in the North for about 5 years now , the issue for which she had been sent here was resolved in about 2 years . Yet she stayed an extra 3 years all because of the strange man that had appeared 4 years ago .

The reason for the absurd amount of magical beasts was due to a large amount of black magic in the middle of the forest . She had dealt with the black magic , but wasn't able to find out about the Strange man . But she knew that the man was somehow involved with the black magic source in the dark forest .

She rubbed her forehead as she once again focused on the bundle of paperwork waiting for her , sometimes she just wanted to leave and live as a villager , but she couldn't . Her peace was soon disturbed .

The doors to her study flew open as her maid , Lucy , barged in . "Your highness , are you really going to the capital !?"
Lucy asked , more like shouted . Aina couldn't believe that her maid was already 23 more like 3 according to her .

"Yes I am Lucy . Also please don't shout so early in the morning " Aina told Lucy as she rubbed her forehead .

"I'm sorry , your highness " Lucy apologised sheepishly, as she she rubbed the back of her neck .

"It's fine , and yes I am going to the capital " Aina replied and continued doing her paperwork .

"But why ? I'm sure the duke and duchess would have no problem if you decide to stay here , they already see you as their own daughter" Lucy muttered looking up at her princess .

"I'm the princess after all I have to go to capital . And besides I can't miss my little sister's debutante ball , can I ? " Aina said as she looked  out the window. Her maid could immediately understand that she should leave now . Lucy quickly bowed and left Aina's study .

Aina had a plan , and that was sure . She wouldn't be returning now if she didn't have something in mind . She was still going to kill her father , it was just that she would take everything from him before , and look as he helplessly watched not being able to do anything to stop his own daughter . Every time she thought of him , her mother's cold , pale body came to mind , and that would only fuel her hatred for him more .

She shook her head as she reminded herself that the reason she's going back to the capital is to be there for her younger sister's debut into high society. She continued with her work as the sun slowly went down .

She let out a breath as she leaned back on her chair , throwing her head back in exhaustion , she had been working for hours straight . Her red hair kept messily in a loose bun , few strands framing her face , her eyes closed , her shoulders relaxed . She was a sight to behold , her blood red hair , in contrast to her cerulean skin , her faded blue jewelled eye , somehow looked even brighter than the oceans .

"Sister " a small child about 10 years old spoke as he entered Aina's study . The kid tilted his head as he looked at Aina .

"Aloyasha , what are you doing here ?" Aina asked as she opened her eyes as she looked at him , her eyes half open , she yawned as she covered her mouth . Her eyes softened as she looked at the youngest child of the Northern ducal house .

"I wanted to play with you , sister" he spoke as he now fully entered her study , as he looked at her with big doe eyes . She had never been able to say no to him , he was like a brother to her , and she was like a sister to him .

"It's really late , you should be asleep by now , so what are you doing awake ?" She asked as she got up from her desk and went towards Aloyasha . She absolutely adored the kid by all means possible , but was also strict when necessary.

"I wanted to spend time with you"  he said as he fisted his small hands around his shirt and looked down . Her heart melted as she looked at him , it had seemed as he had shrunk .

"Hey , I'm free now , so do you want to play ?" She asked in a soft tone as she bent down on her knees in front of him , and wrapped her arms around him . He was an adorable kid , he was also very intelligent for his age . He was a sensitive child , just like his mother . He even looked like her , just with red eyes .

He hummed as he nodded , and buried himself in her arms . She hugged him even tighter and rubbed circles on his back . She was sad that she would be leaving him in a week .

"Come on , let's go " she told him as she lifted him up , he wrapped his legs around her waist , as she carried him to his room .

"Sister , I heard you're leaving . Is it true ?" He asked as they were walking towards the room . She froze as she heard his question .'Ah , so that was the reason he's so clingy today , I did think it was strange for him to act so clingy all of a sudden ' she thought as she looked at the child in her arms .

"Where did you hear that ?" She questioned , opening the door to his room , and walking towards the bed .

"I heard some maids talking about it " he said in a low voice as she carefully put him down on his bed . She put his covers on him , as she brought a chair and sat near the bed .

"It is true , I will be leaving in some time " she says in a soft voice , looking at the child laying down in front of her . She awaited his response .  "Do you have to ?" He questioned in a quiet voice , as he stared at her with his doe eyes . She hummed in agreement , as she ran her fingers through his soft hair . He was like a little brother to her .

It was midnight , as she silently left his room . She stayed till he fell asleep , and made sure he was fine . She sighed in exhaustion as she walked to her own room , wanting to lie down on her bed .

She opened the door to her room, as she closed it behind her . Yawning, she made her way to her closet , as she took out a nightgown , and changed into it . She looked around her room , reminiscing all the nights she stayed up just to read , sneaking away from people , hiding in it so she doesn't have to face people ,This one single room had held many important memories for her , they may be small to others , but they weren't just small moments to her , they were parts of her .

She laid down on her bed , as she stared at the ceiling, thinking about how her life was going , and how she was going to execute her plan when she reached the capital . Soon , sleep took over her as she drifted off to a dreamless sleep .

...

How was the chapter ? I hope you all liked it .

I don't think I'll be able to post before September end , so I'll probably post the next chapter after around 2-3 weeks   . My midterms start from Monday , and I still have assignments given from teachers that I need to submit , so I probably won't be getting time to post , before September end .

THANK YOU ALL FOR 8.95 k  READS !!! 

I can't believe this book got so many reads , thank you all so much for making this possible !