|38|

Hope you all enjoy the chapter !

Target- 40+ votes , 5+ comments

Third Person PoV

A hoard of students came rushing in , the sound of their snow covered boots seeming almost rhythmic. The calm atmosphere of the library long gone as the chattering of students filled the place .

Students sat in groups , talking and choosing books as their chattering and laughter filled the atmosphere . The library was lit up by multiple lamp shades kept along each table .

Some of them came to escape the cold outside , some came to study for the upcoming exams , and some simply accompanied their friends so they wouldn't have to go home so soon .

The library seemed like a warm blanket to protect from the harsh cold outside . And soon as the hours passed the students who once fled the library left one by one as the night neared .

"Excuse me , the library is going to close now ." The librarian called out to the only person present in the library. The girl snapped out of her daze as she looked up at the librarian and nodded . Her eyes seemed soulless as she packed her stuff up . She slowly got up , the librarian took a closer look at her face , the girl's dark circles more prominent to her now . The girl started walking away towards the exit  , when the librarian's eyes fell on the notebook kept where the girl was previously sitting . The librarian took hold of the notebook and was about to call out to the girl , but saw that the girl had already left .

She sighed as she examined the notebook , finding out that the girl's name was 'Kang Ji Won' .  She wondered what the girl was doing for the previous five hours .

- - - - -

Ji won breathed out in frustration as she kicked a pebble she saw on the street , it was currently night time and she was going home . The pebble clattered somewhere but Ji won couldn't be bothered to check where it went as she begrudgingly walked home . Hugging herself as she tightly held her worn out jacket and scarf .

She at one point wondered if she should simply stay outside and roam around , but decided against it . She scrunched up the plastic bottle she was holding eliciting a crinkling sound . The words of her classmates still ringing in her head , no matter how much she tried their taunts wouldn't leave her .

'You think Ji won is pretty ? Have you ever looked at her properly ? She's far from pretty , even ugly would be too less for someone like her .'

'Poor Ji won , she doesn't have any friends .'

'I heard even her family hates her , I mean how pathetic do you have to be for that.'

'I don't even get how she comes to school looking like that . She looks like no less than cardboard , so plain and boring.'

Their words rang in her head as she walked faster crumpling the already crumpled bottle , it was now disfigured beyond recognition. Her breath turned heavy as she walked faster wanting to reach home faster . She chuckled at her thought as tears found their way to her eyes , she wondered if that house could even be called home . She wondered if she would ever have a family .

Her eyes turned glossy as she neared her house , her hand went into her pocket as she fumbled trying to find her keys . She finally took them out as she unlocked the front door of her house , wanting to simply go to her room and sleep .

"Kang Ji won , where have you been ? I told you to come early didn't I ? You're already a burden to us at least do the work we tell you to do-" Ji won's aunt began as soon as she saw Ji won entering the house .

Ji won cut her off , " Auntie , can we just talk tomorrow ?" She uttered as she moved towards the staircase . She was tired of hearing endless taunts everyday .

"No . Kang Ji won , get back here this instance . Where do you think you're going ? You already weren't there to clean up after the party !" Her aunt yelled as she glared at Ji won .

"I'm tired right now , I'll do extra work tomorrow, Auntie ." Ji won sighed as she looked back again at her aunt and walked to her bedroom as she closed the door .

"God , why is she even still living with us , she's already a burden and can't do anything right ." Her aunt muttered , her words still audible to Ji won .

——————

Aina jerked back up from sleep as she clutched her head in her hands , her head aching as she glanced around . She sat up straight on her desk chair as she massaged her forehead , realising that she fell asleep on her desk .

She looked outside her window noticing that it's yet to be night . She rubbed her forehead as she stood up and walked out of her study . As she turned to go to her room , she caught a glimpse of Lucas , she quickly looked away before he could notice her . But she was too late as he had already noticed her as he strode towards her .

"Your royal highness , Princess Aina." Lucas greeted her as he stopped just a few inches from her . "Lucas" she answered back , her gaze anywhere and everywhere but him .

"I don't have time right now ,I'll be leaving ." Her voice sharp as it cut through , piercing as it reached his ears . She walked away quickly before Lucas could interrupt .

She already had a lot on her plate , and every time she saw him , her mind went haywire . He was the only one who could elicit such a reaction from her and it annoyed her to no end . She ignored his attempts every time he tried to talk with her , because she knew if she allowed him to all the walls she had built around herself would cease to exist .

Her talk with Anastacius was something to say the least , he was an annoyingly cunning bastard . She knew that she had to meet him again , so she could be sure if her assumptions were correct .

Her heels clicked against the floor , the hallway which was vibrant ,  red and gold tapestries adorned the walls along with priceless artefacts, seemed rather dull as it remained quiet almost as if it was abandoned. There was no place in her palace that felt home to her , the amount of jewels , the amount of treasure , it never mattered .

It was a dull and lonely place , in her past life she had heard people say that home wasn't a place , but rather the people you love . She wondered if she would ever find people to call home , while she had Lucy , Calcion and many others who worked in her palace , none of them felt like family , while they were people who watched her grow up , they didn't raise her . Even if they told her that she could consider them family , deep down she knew they would never be family , they each had their respective families that they loved and she simply wasn't a part of that family .

Her life was the same routine  , sleep , do paperwork, eat and repeat . She simply existed she didn't live in any of her lives, she never felt alive , she felt insignificant surrounded by the huge world filled with people who had more value to her . To her most people had more value , as they had a family , they had people waiting for them back home , she didn't , she never did .

-x-x-x-x-x-

How was the chapter ? Comment below

I know that the story is moving slow , but to me these filler chapters are important . The fast pace part will begin soon , so do stick around .