|37|

Hope you all like the chapter !

Target-35+votes , 5+comments

-x-x-x-x-

Third Person PoV

Aina wondered who she should visit first her uncle or the Duke , ultimately she decided to visit her uncle . She sighed in frustration as she made her way towards his chambers , she was in no rush to see him .

Anastacius's room was far away from Claude's , so Aina had to painstakingly first towards the entrance than make her way to her uncle's chambers.

As she crossed the entrance , her eyes spotted Jeannette alongside Roger Alpheus .

"Your highness !" Jeanette called out with enthusiasm upon seeing the red headed princess . "Jeanette , Duke." Aina acknowledged both of them as her cousin quickly made her way near her .

In Aina's eyes Jeanette was a good person at least 'Who made me a princess' Jeanette . Jeanette was someone who longed desperately for a family , but didn't get one . While the duke had taken care of her , but he had never really fill in the gap present in her heart , he wasn't a father to her , he was someone who took care of her simply for the sake of it .

The brown haired girl smiled brightly, she beamed at her elder cousin , walking fast as she reached her .

Aina smiled back at her , as she greeted the younger girl . "Where are you going?" Aina asked her cousin . "I'm visiting my father." The latter responded , the word father was said with a bit of uncertainty. Jeanette still wasn't sure if her father would accept , but remembering how he treated her when he was in disguise gave her some hope .

"I'm also going there . Would you like to accompany me ?" Aina questioned , smiling warmly at the younger girl .

"I would love to , your highness!" The brown haired girl exclaimed with joy  , her jewelled eyes no longer hidden . She was wearing a yellow dress , embroidered with intricate patterns . Her hair braided , with small jewel pins .

"You don't have to call me by 'your highness' Jeanette, after all we're family." Aina said , she didn't find any harm in calling Jeanette family , besides she was more like family to her than Claude could ever be .

The younger girl nodded as she smiled , Jeanette felt warm . This was the first time someone had called her family , while the Alpheus's considered her as part of their family , they hadn't ever voiced it out . Jeanette felt giddy inside as she joined the princess .

"Blessings and glory upon the star of the empire." Roger greeted the princess.

'I'd almost forgotten he was even here.' Aina thought to herself as she nodded in return .

She continued walking with Jeanette , while Roger followed pursuit , behind them . The two cousins indulged themselves in small talk while walking to Anastacius's chambers . As they neared his chambers , Aina caught a glimpse of Lucas .

"Your highness." Lucas greeted her , approaching her as he walked fast . Aina took it as a sign that he wanted to talk and told Jeanette that she should go to Anastacius first and that she'll come later .

When they both left , Aina looked towards Lucas . Lucas was clad in a black suit with green embellishments , the embroidery was gold . He looked regal .

"Do you have a hobby of stalking me?" Aina questioned, cutting Lucas off before he could even speak .

"What? No, of course not ." Lucas answered, looking offended as he looked at her waiting for an explanation as to why she would call him a stalker .

"Are you sure? Cause you seem to be everywhere I go . Even my own room." Aina replied back , as she stared at him with an eyebrow raised .

"You sure you're not the one stalking me cause you always come after me . So if anything you're the stalker." He retorted. His eyes never leaving her , as she huffed in annoyance.

She scoffed as she glared at him , but it wasn't the ones she always gave him it was a playful one , one filled with lightheartedness. A small smile threatened to break free on her face , as she bit her inner cheek to stop herself from smiling .

"I'm leaving." Aina said , as she walked towards her uncle's chambers . Lucas followed behind her , making her stomp her feet in annoyance. Lucas chuckled seeing her , he thought she looked cute . But him laughing only made things worse , as she turned back to glare at him . 

"Why are you following me ?" She interrogated him .

"I'm not following you , we just have the same destination." He replied , with his stupid cheeky grin . "Of course we do" she muttered under her breath , as she continued walking.

The rhythmic clicking of her heels echoed in the hallways, her dress forming a small train behind her .

"Do you think what happened last night was a mistake?" Lucas suddenly asked , breaking the silence . The question caught Aina off guard , as she stopped walking . But the words she said , seemed much colder than the weather outside . She answered without looking at him .

"I don't think this is the correct place to discuss such things ." A sudden coldness filled her voice .

She didn't look back at him . To her this was the only thing she could do , being someone who was told to always hide her feelings . Her behaviour was turning more and more like her father as she pushed people away when they got to close to breaking the walls she built around herself , and soon she would realise everything but it may or may not be too late .

"I have to go ." Aina muttered before leaving .

She wasn't taught how to share her feelings and not hide them , even in her past life she never had someone she could share everything with . While she had her best friend , there were still things she wasn't comfortable telling him . In both of her lives , she hid her thoughts and feelings because that was the only way she knew how to deal with them .

As soon as Anastacius's chamber came into view , she stopped as she took a deep breath calming herself before she entered the room .

She saw Jeanette and Roger sitting with Anastacius in the table present in his room .

"Your highness." Anastacius greeted , Roger took it as a sign to leave the room along with Jeanette.

"Uncle , A pleasure to see you ." Aina answered back , a smirk resting on her face as she looked at him .

"You're an exact copy of your father , aren't you?" He questioned, his voice filled with amusement , but something told her that it wasn't the normal type .

-x-x-x-x-

Hope you all liked the chapter !