|17|

Thank you guys so much for 3.21 k views !!!

The above picture is Aina at 14 .
Credits to the artist . I found this picture on Pinterest .

Third person PoV

She sighed as she looked around her  . Her attention seemed to be on the falling snow . She truly was in contrast with the snow , her blood red hair flowing in the wind .

"It's been a year " she muttered to herself . She couldn't believe that she'd been here for almost a year now . The cold back again .

"Let's go inside , I've been here for hours" she said turning around to face her guard , Carter Woodwork .

"As you wish , princess" he said . She didn't mind the informal greeting, since she was the one who told him to call her that , she felt weird since he was only 5 years older than her .

They both walked to the mansion , she was 14 now , she wondered how her younger sister was doing. They reached the mansion , as the guards bowed to her as she went towards her room .

"Officer woodwork , tell the duchess that I won't be having dinner today " she said as she walked up the stairs to her room . She wanted to clear her mind .

She didn't care to see if carter had replied or not , she continued walking up the stairs . She finally reached the second floor as she opened the door to her room .

She inhaled the sweet smell of her room , over the year she had customised her room to her liking .

It was emerald green with a mix of sage green , it had black , gold and silver highlights. It was a large room , her bed was in the middle , her study desk near the window , her closet adjacent to her bed .  It had small shelves here and there making it seem full .

Her room  had an opening to another smaller room . She used the smaller room as a sort of hiding or comforting place . It was similar to a library .

The walls were lined with books , most romance and fantasy novels , a few of them information books about magic and mystical creatures.

It had a small fireplace , in front of which there was a cozy sitting place , it was 2 couches joined together forming an L covered with blankets and pillows . There was also a small double seater couch to the side .

She yawned as she laid down on the couch , in her small library.  She was bundled up between her blankets and pillows .
She felt comfortable .

She found herself sleeping soundly in her small library . She didn't realise when she fell asleep , but it must have been late into the night .

She had woken just a few moments ago , she still felt drowsy and wanted to go back to sleep . She was just going to lay back down , when she heard knocking .

She groaned in annoyance as she went up to her door , she didn't look exactly presentable but it was fine . She opened her door to her maid and guard , Lucy and carter , they had been appointed by Ruby herself .

"Your highness , the duke requests your presence , before the ball " they both said together as they looked at her waiting for her reply .

"Alright , I'll be out in a minute " she said as she fought the urge to yawn . She was still sleepy , but she couldn't deny their request.

After all she also had to get ready for the ball , even though it wouldn't start for quite sometime . But she had a feeling her meeting with Izek would take a lot of time .

She slowly walked towards her closet , she stumbled quite a bit , seeming to be in a daze . She neared her closet as she almost fell face first .

That seemed to wake her up properly. She shook her head as she selected her outfit for the day , before taking a bath . Usually a maid would help her take a bath , but it was way too uncomfortable for her , for someone else to help her bathe .

It was a beautiful sage green dress , with emerald green mixed in , it had highlights of gold and black . Her makeup was light , making it feel not over the top .

She was wearing a necklace which was passed down to her from her mother . Her hair up in a braided bun . All in all , she looked absolutely ethereal, she looked as if she was a forest fairy .

Her green dress , making her blood red hair pop out , her blue jewelled eyes shining like sapphires.

She made sure to put an effort in her appearance, as this would technically be her first time entering high society, meaning it was her first ball .

She was excited but she also wasn't, in her past life she had read so many novels , there were a lot of good scenes but also a lot of embarrassing and bad moments.

...
How was the chapter ?

I hope you all liked it .