|18|

The only sound that could be heard in the cold hallway was the sound of shoes clacking on the surface . She was going to the duke's study .Even though there was a ball in an hour , the mansion was fairly quiet .

Aina reached Izek's study soon , she knocked and entered when she heard 'come in ' . She didn't exactly know what he wanted to talk about , but had some idea .

"Your highness , I hope I didn't trouble you by calling you here"

He wanted something from her ,it was clear from his tone . She could tell he didn't mean those words ,and would not accept No as an answer to him calling her .

"Of course not , your excellency "  she said as she smiled at him . The smile was fake , one could tell if they paid enough attention.

"Well then , princess, i want an answer to my question, I asked you long ago , but I have yet to receive one "

He was sharp and she knew that . She also knew that she he knew how to play his cards , but so did she .

"I am confused as to what you're talking about, but don't you think you're overstepping your boundaries?"

She asked him , smirking at him .  He wanted to play a game , then so would she . She would never allow herself to become a pawn in someone else's game .

"You know what I'm talking about " he said as he glared at the young lady in front of him .

"My , do I really know ?" She said as she sweetly smiled at him , she enjoyed making him enraged .

"Why are you in the North ? Aside from the emperor's order" he said .

"Duke , it's simple really , I want the support of the North , if my father decides to see whose better instead of passing the throne to the eldest . I want the North to have my back." 

"How are you so sure that your father would chose your half-sister ?" He asked , his eyes still cold with a hint of curiosity.

"I'm sure you must know , that my father loves my sister , while that is sweet . I had been pushed away since my birth , even now I still am , but my younger sister melted my father's icy heart ." She said , the word father sounding foreign to her tongue .

"I thought the emperor would've cherished his kids , as he was also neglected as a kid . But it seems I am wrong , but why do you want our support so desperately?" He asked her , curious about the situation.

"That is because I suspect my father will directly make my younger sister the crown princess , and try to get rid of me . I'm sure you know what I mean by that ." She said , her face emotionless .

"I see , you have the north's support." He said without hesitation.

Her eyes widened at his words , she didn't expect him to say it so soon . She even thought he wouldn't ever give her his support, but here he was .

"A-are you sure ?" She asked still shocked by his sudden answer .

"Of course . I just hope you don't make me regret my decision " he said , his gaze softening while looking at her still in shock . In his eyes , she looked like a child deprived of warmth .

"I promise , I will do my best to make you not regret your decision." She said , still feeling giddy due to the good news . She was excited , she couldn't believe her ears .

"Well then , your highness , i best believe we be on our own ways . After all the ball is going to start soon ." He said ,as he stood up from his chair .

She got up as she followed him out of his study , she was still happy due to his answer . A small smile adorned her angelic face , as she walked downstairs to the ballroom .

...

How was the chapter ? Comment below

I hope you all liked it .

Also thank you guys for 3.45k views !!!