Unlimited Limitations

Sana

"Hey, the boss is calling", I nodded with a subtle smile, not moving my eyes from the charts and number tallies, things were getting a bit hectic but let's say I was just bored and trying to keep my mind focused.

"Sana", I jumped up from my seat as I heard his deep voice, his posture just so stoic, hands tied and legs parted a bit, his white shirt was a bit tight which made his belly a bit visible. His eyes bore on mine as I frowned, why is he here? Wait!!! He called me, shit I completely forgot about it.

I bowed and apologized, making up an unnecessary excuse while he took a seat just in front of me, taking the papers into his hands and signing me to get my seat. I heaved a big breath while taking my seat, offering him water with a brief smile. 

"Are you ok? heard you took a sick leave yesterday, " his eyebrow raised, as sweat ran down my forehead. Tingling my heated skin and dilating eyes. I rubbed my palms and gave out an awkward chortle. I do lie but I don't know why I am nervous right now. 

"Actually yeah, I was having a severe stomach ache but it's all good now, Charlie", he nodded, swallowing up my lie just in the same way I presented. He moved closer, keeping the papers aside. Looks into my heavy blinking eyes. "Are you really okay Sana?", Alright, what's with this man now, what's the deal here? 

"Of course sir, I am absolutely fine", I gave a believing smile, intervening with my fingers and keeping them on the table, I heard somewhere that it showcases the confidence of an individual. He sighed and then simply nodded. The room turned silent.

 "What's with the fake sick leave then?"

I was astonished...how the fuck does he know about this, who told him that...I didn't even tell the excuse to Yeji and even if I did, I am pretty confident that she won't go behind my back...but not her then who?

"My wife saw you in Daegu with your friend, in the restaurant", shit! shit! shit!, what should I do now, this is the worst, how can I forget that his wife lives there and specifically in the area we had our lunch and fucking wow that out of all the people, my boss's wife, on the same day and time. Just wow!!!

I looked down at my desk, fiddling my intertwined fingers, it would soon fall off if I resumed this play. "Answer me Sana", he wasn't stern at all, a bit worried and a load too disappointed. Involuntarily my hands went up to my forehead and I rubbed it pretty aggressively. Heaving a sigh I looked up to him, his eyes were concerned as his hold on my papers loosened. Expecting a clear answer. 

"I am a bit distressed these days", "I can see it", he was quick to reply, actually he cut me off but it meant that he wanted to cut the chase and wanted a clear answer. 

"So I and my friend planned this little trip to ourselves, I apologize and trust me I regretted it the moment we reached there. This is so wrong and against the company's policy but Charlie, I was impulsive, and I..." 

His hand held mine hurriedly, stopping me to continue with my words, he tapped the back of my hand in a concerned way and then leaned back on his chair, my hands slipping out of his. He took a moment and then looked out of my window. 

"It's alright", he said while looking back at me. "You've been a responsible employee here so I am going to overlook this one...but this doesn't mean that this will be repeated and there won't be any consequences for you", I tied my lips, bowing a little and accepted my fate, I deserve more severe scolds but knowing him, being this generous isn't something unusual. Altogether, from now, I think I have to maintain certain decorum in the workplace, what I did was inappreciable and so unprofessional, leaving without any notice and then justifying my absence. What has gotten in me for real!!