Chapter 3

In this chapter we will see Rhaenyra starting to think like the future queen and understanding she will be needing allies if she wants to take the throne. There is also a little bit of smut in the second part of this chapter. I'm still learning how to write smut, so please be kind. We also see Aemond finally taking part of his destiny. Rhaenyra also starts to understand that she might be unfair with her siblings. High Valyrian will be in italics. I hope you guys like it.

                                                    Rhaenyra Targaryen (18 years old

                                                    Rhaenyra Targaryen (18 years old.)

Rhaenyra looked at all the lords mingling around her hall. Queen Alicent was chatting with Lord Boremund Baratheon. Rhaenyra was aware that Otto had been attempting to get house Baratheon to his side. He wanted their support so Aegon would be king after her father passed. Lord Baratheon was kin to Princess Rhaenys and he was resentful that she had not been chosen as queen, especially after Viserys had named her heir. Boremund did not think women were capable of ruling, but he would have preferred that if a woman was to rule it would be one related to him by blood.

Lord Baratheon was also resentful that his house's loyalty had been taken for granted for so many years. His accomplishments had never been recognized by her father. Lord Boremund had been trying to find a betrothal for both his son and daughter. Borros Baratheon was a fool, but one day he would be lord of Storm's End. Lord Boremund's daughter Ellyn was Rhaenyra's age. She had was not wedded yet, her lord father still looking for a husband, but he wanted to make sure she would be married into a great house. Rhaenyra's spies had told her that Ellyn Baratheon was a sweet girl, but headstrong. Unlike her brother, she loved to read and was often found in the library. Ellyn loved to ride and enjoyed being outdoors, but she could also be shy with people she did not know.

"Wife." Daemon kissed her hand and followed her line of sight "What are you scheming now?"

"I believe the queen is the one scheming. She plans to turn the lords to her side. She wants her son to be king and she will do whatever it takes to make that happen."

"So, why are we just standing here?"

"We are waiting for the queen to move to her next target."

"Who would that be?"

"Lord Bourney" Rhaenyra moved her head towards the older lord. He appeared unhappy, even from a distance "My little birds tell me he is unsure where his allegiance should be."

They both watched as Alicent moved towards Lord Bourney. Rhaenyra waited a few minutes before Daemon and she walked towards Lord Baratheon and his wife.

"Princess, my prince" Both Lord Baratheon and his wife bowed "Is a pleasure to see you both in such good health."

"Thank you, my Lord. I was happy to receive your acceptance letter for my father's welcome feast. We have not had time to speak since I became heir." Rhaenyra smiled at Boremund's wife "Lady Cassandra, your dress is beautiful. I saw your daughter walking around earlier. She is as beautiful as her mother, I'm surprised she is not married yet."