Chapter 26

High Valyrian will be in Italics. This chapter has a bit of smut ☺️. Be kind with me, I'm still getting used to it. Aemond and Deirys have a small encounter. Aemond makes an important decision at the end of the chapter. Hopefully things will go well for them. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                  Deirys Targaryen (meeting with Aemond in the library

                                  Deirys Targaryen (meeting with Aemond in the library.)

Deirys had given up on sleep, Anari had helped her get ready for bed after her bath, and they retired for the night. Deirys had spent three hours turning in her bed until she finally gave up on the idea of sleeping. She had used the secret tunnels to make her way to the library. She wanted to be alone and having a kingsguard follow her would defeat the purpose. The last two days since the trial and arrest of Otto Hightower had been difficult. Her grandsire was still trying to find an excuse for Otto, he refused to believe what was right in front of him. The only reason he had not freed Otto was because Aemond had threatened to kill him. Deirys knew that her father was dying to kill Otto, he had been enjoying questioning him. Deirys had always known that the reason her father and grandsire's relationship was not good was due to Otto. The man had been whispering poison in her grandsire's ear since he had taken the throne. Deirys hated that her grandsire had allowed that worm to turn him against his family. He should have never believed what Otto was telling him. Her father had raised an army to support his brother taking the throne.

Deirys put the book she had been reading aside and sat on top of one of the tables. She smiled for a moment when she noticed her feet dangling in the air. She was not tall enough for her feet to reach the ground. She used to hate being so small and her brothers making fun of her. Now it was just one more thing in her life. Her height did not define her, it had helped her in certain situations, it had made people underestimate her, which had been a great mistake for them and given her the advantage.

"You should not be here by yourself." Deirys looked up to see her uncle Aemond leaning against one of the bookshelves. "Bad men could try to steal you away."

"Well, they would be out of luck." She smiled teasingly at him. "I do not allow people to take me so easily. They would have to work for it."

"Would they?" Aemond closed in on her, stopping due to her legs being in the way. "And how would you stop them?"

"Have you not heard?" She took a deep breath when Aemond parted her legs, making room for himself, and stepped between them. His fists crushed the delicate silk of her white nightgown. "I have a dragon."

"Well, I do not see him here." She could feel him dragging the silk up her leg, as he leaned closer. "You should really be more careful."

"Why? Are you going to steal me away?"

"Why would I steal something that's already mine?"

Before she could answer him, he crushed their mouths together. Deirys did not hesitate to allow him entry, she enjoyed kissing Aemond, he kissed her like he wanted to devour her and she enjoyed that. Aemond did not stay on her mouth for long. Before she could fully enjoy his mouth on hers he was already trailing a path down her neck, his hands lowering the transparent sleeves of her nightgown, the deep V in the front not putting up any kind of fight. Her breast spilled free and she heard Aemond curse. Her nipples were hard points and her breasts felt heavy and swollen. Aemond squeezed both breasts in his big hands, not hard enough to hurt, but enough to drag a low moan out of her mouth. Before she could beg he drew her right nipple into his mouth, sucking hard and making her hips lift off the table. Aemond pinched her left nipple between his fingers and the moan that left her mouth was louder this time, echoing over the room. Aemond dragged his teeth over her nipple in retaliation, biting it softly before releasing it.