Chapter 28

This chapter things get a little hairy. We see Viserys reaction to Daemon's news. He might now take it too well. Also things between Aemond and Deirys get a little hot, but they get interrupted before things are able to go too far 😂. We see Viserys get some time with Alyssa who has some wisdom to impart. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                            Deirys Targaryen (17 years old

                                            Deirys Targaryen (17 years old.)

                                           Anari Waters (17 years old

                                           Anari Waters (17 years old.)

Deirys stood with her parents, her grandsire was sitting at the table, he had been sitting there for over an hour without saying anything. After the announcement, her grandsire retired without saying anything. Then this morning Deirys had received summons from her grandsire, he wanted to see her in his chambers as soon as possible. Deirys had Anari help her dress and go to see her grandsire, she had been a bit surprised to see her parents were already there. She had walked in and greeted them, but her grandsire had not answered, they all stood there, but still, he would not say anything. Deirys was starting to get frustrated, how long were they supposed to stand there without speaking? The door opened and she turned to see Aemond walking in. Aemond frowned when he saw her and her parents standing there.

"I want to know how you can make a decision about the future of this kingdom without consulting me?" Viserys glared at all of them. "Am I not the king?"

"What is this about?" Rhaenyra looked at her father questioningly. "We have not made decisions about the kingdom."

"Of course you have." Viserys slammed his hands against the table, making Deirys jump. "You betrothed Deirys and Aemond without consulting me or his mother. Deirys is the future queen, and who she marries is a matter of state. Aemond is a prince, his marriage should be in benefit of the crown."

"Their marriage is in benefit of the crown." Daemon glared at Viserys. "They are the best option for each other."

"No, they are not." Viserys glared at Daemon. "Deirys marriage should be to an important lord, to create an alliance, so should Aemond's."