Chapter 34

We see part of the wedding feast in this chapter. Alicent has some issues. Aemond and Deirys have their wedding night. 😱🙈I still can't believe I wrote that. 

Deirys could not stop smiling as she and Aemond danced. After the sept, they had changed their clothes, gone to the Godswood, and had the high priest bind them on a Valyrian ceremony. Once it was done they changed back to their previous clothes and went to the great hall where the other guests were waiting for them to start the feast. She had already danced with Rhaegon, Baelon, and her father. All who were now sitting at the high table eating and laughing. Her mother was dancing with Aegon and Jaehaera was dancing with Aenys, which made Deirys smile even more because Aenys was a head shorter than Jaehaera. Aemond spun her once more and Deirys saw Visenya dancing with Xanner Strong. The young lord had a smile on his face while staring at her sister with love-sick eyes. Visenya was blushing nonstop and Deirys was happy that her father was too busy drinking with her brothers and grandsire to notice how in love those two were.
"Are you happy?" Deirys gave Aemond a quick kiss, nipping his bottom lip with her teeth and making him groan. "I cannot wait to have you alone."
"I believe that time is getting closer." He kissed her this time, making her smile. "Soon we will be alone. The only thing I hate is the destruction of my dress."
"Your dress?" Aemond looked confused. "Why would your dress be destroyed?"
"The bedding." He raised an eyebrow and Deirys looked at him like he was soft in the head. "You know, that pesky tradition where the lords take me to our chambers while ripping my dress to pieces."
"There will be no ripping." Aemond's face was now one of displeasure. "No one will touch you."
Deirys smiled, she should have known her possessive husband would not allow any other man to undress her, just like she did not like to think about other women undressing him. They both danced for a while longer while the lords continued to drink, eat and dance. Her mother was now dancing with Jaehaerys and poking his side, apparently, she was having fun at his expense for some unknown reason. It must not have been bad because Jaehaerys was also smiling. Rhaegon was dancing with their aunt Helaena, while Baelon danced with Jaehaera. She was happy and her family was happy. She should have known something would go wrong.
"You!." The music stopped and everyone looked towards the doors. The queen stood there looking unhinged. She was wearing a green dress, that looked wrinkled, and her hair was all disheveled. She had lost weight and her cheekbones were sharper. Most of all, the queen looked like she hated her. "You are to blame for everything. You should not have come back, you.."
"Mother!" Aemond let her go and moved between her and the queen. "That is enough! You need to get some rest."
"I do not need rest." The queen yelled stepping closer to them. People had moved farther away, except Deirys's parents who had come to stand with her and Aemond. The queen pointed a finger at her. "You are a godless woman. You should not be here. You ruined everything!"
"What exactly did I ruin, your grace?" Deirys stepped from behind Aemond. She would not be made to look weak. She was not a damsel in distress, she was a dragon. "Did I ruin your plans to usurp the throne? Because if you are referring to your father, as much as I feel for your loss, he was a traitor and he deserved what he got."
Alicent screamed and threw herself at Deirys, her hands reaching out to grab her. Deirys almost rolled her eyes, this woman had not fought a day in her life and she wanted to attack her. A woman who had been training since she was five-name days old? Deirys noticed the knife in the queen's hand, and grabbed the queen's wrist, twisting it until the knife fell on the ground. Deirys put her foot on top of the blade, letting Alicent go. The woman stumbled and would have fallen if Daemon had not grabbed her shoulders and held her in an unbreakable hold.
"Guards! Seize the queen." The guards moved and two of them grabbed the queen. Deirys was so focused on the woman that she had not seen Criston Cole moving towards them, but her grandsire had. "Ser Criston, you will step back or I will order your arrest and execution this instant." The knight stopped in his tracks but looked torn. Her grandsire glared at the queen. "Guards, take the queen to her chambers. She is not to leave without my say-so. Have two guards at the doors at all times and call a healer to tend to her."
Two guards dragged the queen away while she fought them and two others followed. Deirys saw tears running down her aunt Helaena's face, and Aemond looked torn. She could see the conflict in his eyes. Once the queen was taken from the room the king signaled and music filled the room once more. It took a few minutes for the lords and ladies to start dancing once more. Her mother looked at her with sad eyes, while her father looked upset. Daemon picked up the knife the queen had dropped and walked toward the high table.
"Aemond." Deirys touched Aemond's arm, bringing his attention back to her. "Go to your mother. I know you will not be at peace until you make sure she is well."
"I cannot leave. This is our wedding feast and she does not get to ruin it for us."
"She did not ruin it, it is almost time for us to retire." She gave him a gentle smile. "Go see her, make sure she is well. I will talk to my parents for a moment and retire to our new chambers. I will wait for you there."
Aemond kissed her softly before walking to his mother's chambers, his sister Helaena following after him. Deirys turned to the high table where her parents and grandsire were speaking. She also saw Aegon, who was sitting next to Jaehaera, attempting to console her. Deirys walked to her parents, who stopped talking when she approached them. She bowed to the king.
"Aemond went to see the queen is doing well. Aunt Helaena accompanied him." Both her mother and grandsire nodded their heads, while her father still looked murderous. Deirys gave them all a reassuring smile, she did not want to ruin this day for them. "I will retire to my new chambers and wait for Aemond there. He knows to find me once he is done."
Deirys walked back to her chambers, at least the interruption had stopped the lords calling for the bedding.
********************************************************************