Chapter 43

Rhaenyra talks to Daemon about finding a husband for Visenya, then makes plans with Mysa Strong to help their children's relationship. Deirys finally gets the proof she needs against the faith. Plans are put in motion. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Rhaenyra was a bit apprehensive, she did not know how she was supposed to talk to Daemon about Xanner and Visenya. Her husband was not known for being very level-headed, especially when it came to their daughters. He had just stopped glaring at Aemond after the birth of his children. Rhaenyra liked Xanner, he was a great man, very sweet and polite, and more importantly, he loved her daughter. Rhaenyra had known about Xanner and Visenya's feelings for a long time, but she had been waiting for her daughter to tell her. Then last night she had gone to the gardens and saw Xanner and her daughter kissing. She had been happy Daemon had decided to stay with her father, she had no idea how her husband would react if he saw them, but she knew it would not be pleasant. Rhaenyra had waited for Visenya in her chambers, she would not lie, she had found it amusing how Visenya blushed while trying to explain her feelings for Xanner. Her daughter reminded her so much of her mother that sometimes it was uncanny how much the two women had in common. Rhaenyra wanted her daughter to be happy, and this marriage would also be beneficial for the crown. Xanner was a lord from the Riverlands and he was related to the Tully's. Now she just needed to make sure her husband understood this.
Daemon was sitting across from her and eating quietly. He had been working all night on a new project they were working on. They would bring it up at the small council meeting in a few days. Their children had decided not to eat with them this morning, Rhaegon was having the morning meal with Aegon, Jaehaerys, Jaehaera, and Helaena. Baelon had decided to eat with Alyssa, Aemma, and Aenys. Visenya had decided to eat with Deirys and her family, that way Rhaenyra would be able to speak with Daemon without their children present.
"I would like to speak with you about something." Daemon put down the papers he had been reading and looked at her. Rhaenyra decided to just come out with it. "I believe we should start looking for a husband for Visenya."
"What?" Daemon's expression had been pleasant before, now not so much. "Why do we need to worry about Visenya's marriage? She is still a child."
"No, she is not." She had to stop herself from rolling her eyes. "She is of age, Daemon. I am not saying she has to be married tomorrow or in a sennight, but we should start looking now, that way we can find someone she likes and can get along with."
"Why are we worrying about this now?" Daemon had stopped eating at this point. "I thought we agreed that our children would not be used as political tools."
"I am not speaking about using her as a political tool." This time she did roll her eyes. "I am not saying we sell our daughter for a political alliance, but we need to speak about this. Visenya needs to find someone to start her own family with."
"Do you have anyone in mind?"
"I was thinking we could start with some of the lords that are staying here in Kings Landing." She gave Daemon a smile. "Visenya already knows most of them, so she would feel comfortable talking and getting to know them."
"It sounds like you have planned everything." He was glaring at her now. "I just do not understand why you are speaking to me about it."
"Because I do not want you scaring everyone away." Now she was the one glaring at him. "I understand you do not like to think of our daughters growing up and getting married, but we need to face reality. They are not going to be children forever and Visenya is of age."
"I promise not to kill any of the lords preening around our daughter." She arched an eyebrow and he let out a sigh. "I will also not maim any of them."
"I just want this to go well." She took one of his hands, running her thumb on top of it. "Please, just do not do anything that will make my father exile you again."
He snorted then burst out laughing, making Rhaenyra smile. She liked when he was happy. Daemon finished his meal and kissed her, before leaving their chambers. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and Lady Mysa Strong walked in.
"Princess." Mysa bowed before moving closer. "Your maid said you wanted to see me?"
"Yes." Rhaenyra gestured to the chair across from her. "I would like to speak about our children, specifically Visenya and Xanner."
"Oh." Mysa's expression became nervous and Rhaenyra stopped herself from smiling. "I am sorry, princess. I did not find out until last night what was happening between them. Xanner spoke with Harwin and I, he assured us his intentions are noble and I would never allow..."
"Mysa, calm down." Rhaenyra gave her a calming smile, touching her hand to stop her from rambling. "I am not upset or think Xanner was doing anything inappropriate. I know Xanner is a wonderful and caring young man. I also spoke to Visenya last night, she told me Xanner asked her permission to court her. She said he wanted to speak with Daemon and I about courting her."
"I am aware. Xanner said the same thing to Harwin and I."
"I can see there is something bothering you." Mysa was looking at her with apprehension. "Were you looking for someone else to marry Xanner?"
"No, is nothing like that." Mysa bit her lip and Rhaenyra did not say anything, she just waited until her friend felt comfortable saying what was on her mind. "To be perfectly honest, I am worried about Prince Daemon. We all know how he is where his daughters are concerned. I would prefer if my son did not die too young and was able to keep all his limbs attached to his body."
"I understand that." Rhaenyra could not help but laugh at her friend's description of what Daemon would do. "I have spoken to Daemon about looking for a suitable husband for Visenya. I suggested having her get to know some of the lords already living in the city."
"You lied to your husband?" Mysa was laughing now.
"Well, I could not tell him our children are in love without risking Xanner's life or limbs." Rhaenyra gave Mysa a sincere look. "I want my daughter to be happy, and your son seems to have that ability. I also would not mind having you and Harwin as part of my family."
"Thank you. We feel the same way." Mysa squeezed her hand. "Visenya is a lovely girl, she is so sweet and kind."
"So, we just need to make sure our children have a chance to spend more time together," Rhaenyra smirked. "Do not worry, I will handle my husband."