Chapter 8

This chapter will be the start of Deirys birthday celebration. We will see how Daemon acts around his children, how he helps educate them. We also get some more daddy jealousy from Daemon. Next chapter will start with some of the intrigue. High Valyrian will be in italics.

                                                          Deirys Targaryen on her 6 name day

Daemon finished fixing his black doublet and looked up when the door opened. Rhaenyra smiled at him and moved aside so he would be able to see Deirys. His intake of breath could be heard in the room and he had to blink back tears. Deirys was dressed in a dark purple gown with silver embroidery on the front. He had bought Myrish lace and the finest silks so Rhaenyra would commission her a special dress for her name day. On her head was the tiara he had commissioned for her. He had flown to Myr and paid a king's ransom to the finest jeweler in the city. The tiara was made of white gold and the flowers on it were made of light purple sapphires. Around her neck was a white gold necklace encrusted with diamonds, a gift from Viserys. She was the most beautiful princess, rivaled only by her mother.

Daemon had wished on more than one occasion for time to stop. He wanted her to stay his little girl forever, his little dragon. He secretly loved when she would come into their room at night and ask to sleep with them. In those moments he felt like she still needed him. Like he was still her biggest protector. Deirys smiled and ran to him, hugging his legs, because she was not tall enough to reach his waist.

"Look at you little hatchling" he kneeled in front of her and kissed her forehead "You are the most beautiful princess in the world. You are getting so big."

"I know, soon I will be able to ride Vermithor." Deirys might have more physical similarities with Rhaenyra, but her spirit, that was all him. All she wanted to do was ride her dragon and go on adventures. She bounced on her feet. "Mother says grandsire hired several puppeteers for the feast tonight. And after the tourney is over there will be games in the Godswood. Mother said she also had the kitchens prepare all my favorite sweets and foods."

"Of course they did. You deserve it, my love." Daemon stood back up "Today is your name day, so is all about you."

"How is that different from any other day?" They both laughed while their daughter huffed. Rhaenyra handed her a box wrapped in colorful ribbons. "Happy name day, my love."

Deirys clapped her hands before grabbing the box and sitting on the floor, not even thinking about her dress. She tore the ribbons, opened the box, and gasped. She pulled out a doll. It was made of carved Alabaster, it had silver-blond hair, and deep purple eyes, just like her. The doll was dressed as a dragon rider and the clothes on it were made out of leather and velvet fabrics. Daemon smiled when she saw that the doll looked like a replica of her. His wife had outdone herself.

"Is beautiful, muñā." Deirys stood up with the doll in her hands and hugged Rhaenyra. "I love it, thank you."

"You are welcome, my love."