Chapter 11

In this chapter we will see a little bit of the aftermath of what happened in chapter 10. We will see a more emotional side of Aemond. We will see how he is really dealing with what happened and how his relationship with Rhaenyra has progressed though out the past 4 years. High Valyrian will be in italics. 

They had all returned to the Red Keep after the incident with Deirys. Aemond had been treated by a maester and would be alright. He only had a small cut on his arm and a cut on his temple. Neither cut had to be stitched, but the maesters had advised him to return to the castle using a wheelhouse, instead of riding a horse. Which was how Rhaenyra found herself in the larger wheelhouse with her husband, brother, father, and four children. A blanket and several pillows had been set up on the wheelhouse floor, which served as a bed for her children. Rhaegon, Baleon, and Visenya were sleeping comfortably among the pillows. Deirys was sitting with Aemond, Rhaenyra could tell she was worried about her uncle. Rhaenyra was worried about her brother also. He had not said a word to her since he returned from the hunt. Her father still looked like someone had hit him over the head.

"Kepus." Aemond looked at Deirys, but did not say anything or even smiled "Can we go dragon riding tomorrow? I can finally ride Vermithor. We could have a race to see who is faster."

"I cannot tomorrow, little treasure." Rhaenyra frowned at the tone in his voice. He ruffled Deirys hair. "Maybe another day."

Deirys nodded, but Rhaenyra could see the disappointment in her eyes. Her uncle had never denied her anything and she was not used to being told no by him. Rhaenyra would have to talk to her brother and find out what was wrong. Daemon was also very quiet, which was very unlike him.

"Aemond?" Her brother nodded but did not look at her. "Did Deirys ever say anything to you about someone named Kalix?"

"Yes, she said something about a woman she dreamed about with that name" Aemond still would not look at her, now she was getting annoyed. "She did not say much about it."

The carriage came to a halt and Daemon picked up Rhaegon and Baelon from the wheelhouse floor. Both boys set their heads on his shoulders and continued sleeping without a care in the world. Rhaenyra picked up Visenya and the little girl did not even move. Aemond jumped out of the wheelhouse and almost ran to his chambers. Deirys looked after him with a sad look in her eyes. Rhaenyra gave her a gentle smile and walked behind her husband and daughter to the nursery. She put Visenya down in her crib and made sure one of the maids stayed with her. She then went to the second room in the nursery and made sure her boys were still sleeping. She then checked on Deirys, who was in the chamber closest to hers. She was sitting on her bed and had her toy dragon on her lap.

"What is wrong my love?"

"Is Uncle Aemond upset with me?"

"Why would you think that little hatchling?"

"Because I was taken? I tried to get away, but the man was really strong" her daughter wiped her tears away "Now he does not want to go dragon riding with me and when he left he did not say goodbye."

"Oh my love" Rhaenyra sat beside her daughter and hugged her. Her poor baby, Rhaenyra kissed her head. "Your uncle is not upset with you. He was just hurt and needed some rest. He will be back dragon riding with you soon and taking you on adventures."

"You promise?"

"Of course" she hugged Deirys again "Your uncle loves you with all his heart, he will not hurt you intentionally."

She stayed with Deirys for a little while longer. She was aware of how close she had come to losing her daughter. She would not allow her to be in danger again. Her daughter would know how to defend herself. She could not lose her, she could not lose any of her children. She would not survive it.