Chapter 32

We see what happens after Otto's trial. We get to see Visenya's POV again. She is trying to help people and has a small encounter with Criston Cole 🤢. Visenya and Jaehaera have someone come to their rescue. We also get a look at Aemond and his mother. Things do not get better between them. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                                Visenya Targaryen (12 years old

                                                Visenya Targaryen (12 years old.)

                                               Jaehaera Targaryen (13 years old

                                               Jaehaera Targaryen (13 years old.)

Visenya hated seeing her mother so sad. She had been quiet and withdrawn since the trial earlier in the day. Visenya had heard what happened, how Otto had been the one to blame for her grandmother's death. He had also been working with the maesters to poison her grandsire for years. Thank the gods her mother had insisted on her healers being in charge of the king's health. Visenya and Jaehaera had been told to stay in their chambers since there were so many people that had come for Otto's trial, so they had decided to stay together in Visenya's chambers while the trial took place. When Visenya heard her mother had returned to her chambers she had immediately gone to see her. Her father was not present, but the look on her mother's face was heartbreaking.
"Mama?" Rhaenyra looked up and appeared to be surprised to see her there. "Are you well?"
"I am well, little love." Rhaenyra extended a hand and Visenya moved closer to her. "How did you spend your day?"
"I was in my chambers with Jaehaera, we are reading a new book." Her mother gave her a ghost of a smile and Visenya sighed. "I am aware of what happened. All the servants as speaking about it."
"Yes, I imagine they are." Rhaenyra patted her hand. "I just learned some things today that made me realize how blind we have all been for years. Some many bad things happened because we thought ourselves invincible."
"I am sorry. I know how much you miss your mother."
"I do miss her." Her mother smiled and gently caressed her face. "You remind me of her. You have the same gentleness and sweetness in you that she had. She also hated conflict and fighting. She would often tell me how she wished I behaved more like a lady."
"Do you wish me to be different?" Rhaenyra frowned, giving her a questioning look. "Perhaps you would like it if I was stronger."
"No, my love. You are perfect the way you are. You are my sweet princess."
"What is Aemma then?"
"Aemma is my crazy princess." Her mother laughed, making Visenya smile. She was happy to help her mother feel better. "She is the one I am going to have to tie up if I want her to stay still for more than a few seconds."
Visenya stayed with her mother for a few hours before leaving her to rest. She was walking to Aemma's chambers when she heard what sounded like things being thrown and someone screaming. Visenya walked carefully toward the noise, seeing Jaehaera sitting on the ground with her back against the door, her pink dress was a bit wrinkled.
"Jaehaera?" Her cousin looked up and Visenya gave her a questioning look. "What is happening? What is all that noise?"
"My grandmother is very upset because of what happened with her father." Jaehaera shrugged and looked back down at her lap. "My mother has been trying to calm her down, but she refuses to listen and has been throwing things for the past hour. She seems unhinged."
"Why are you sitting here?"
"I do not want to leave." Jaehaera wrapped her arms around her legs. "What happens if my mother needs me? My grandmother was being really awful to us."
"Well, you cannot stay here." Visenya grabbed her arm and helped her stand up. There was no way she would be leaving Jaehaera here listening to her grandmother screaming at her mother and throwing things. "We are going to take a walk in the gardens, we have been locked in all day and fresh air will do both of us well."
"I really think..." Something crashed against the door, making them both jump and Jaehaera swallowed. "I should stay here."
"No, you should not." Visenya gave Jaehaera a big smile. "Let us go and have that fabulous walk. We can even have supper together with my parents if you wish."
"I would like that."
They both walked to the gardens, thankfully it was mostly empty at this time of day, today was especially empty because of Otto's trial. She felt so much better now she was outside, surrounded by trees and getting much-needed fresh air. After a few minutes, even Jaehaera's face changed, she got some color back on her cheeks and there was a smile on her face. Visenya felt bad for Jaehaera sometimes. The first few years of Jaehaera's life had been hard. Her mother was lost in her own mind and her father was fucking every maid within distance and drinking his weight in arbor gold. Aegon had not paid much attention to either of his children. Four years ago things had changed, her uncle Aegon had started training with her father and stopped drinking so much, he also tried to spend more time with his wife and children. Things were much better now, except for the queen. Visenya was aware her parents and the queen did not have a friendly relationship, but she did not understand why the queen hated them so much. Her mother and father were nice to Aegon, Helaena, Aemond, Jaehaera, and Jaehaerys. Visenya and her other siblings were great friends with their cousins, and Deirys was marrying their uncle Aemond. Now Otto was out of their lives and would not be able to hurt them anymore.
"I spoke to the seamstress." Jaehaera linked their arms together. "Mother said I could wear whatever I wanted and it does not have to be green."
"Is that what excites you? That you can wear a dress that does not have to be green?"
"Yes, this is the only pink dress I own." Jaehaera looked down at her dress and then made a face. "But now that I can pick my own dress in a color I like, I was thinking that you might come to see the seamstress with me and help me chose a beautiful gown for Deirys wedding."
"I would love to." Visenya was happy to spend more time with Jaehaera. "We can.."
"Princess Jaehaera!" They both turned to see Criston Cole walking towards them. The man had a sour look on his face. "Your grandmother would prefer if you stayed in your chambers today."
"I have been in my chambers all day." Jaehaera frowned. "I would like to go for a walk with my cousin."
"I do not believe that is a good idea." Criston moved forward and Visenya stepped in front of Jaehaera. Criston looked at her like she was a bug, then looked back at Jaehaera. "I believe it would be for the best if you came with me, princess."
"She said she does not want to go." Visenya glared at Criston, she had never liked him, he was a bully. "She does not have to do anything you say."
"You should not be getting involved in this, princess." Criston's glare got harder.
"And you should not be telling a princess what to do." Visenya was a bit scared of the man, but there was no way she was backing down. "You should remember your place, Ser."
"And you should remember yours." Criston moved closer until he was invading her personal space. "This has nothing to do with you, now you will move aside or I.."
"Is something the matter?" Visenya looked over Criston's shoulder and saw Rhaegon and Xanner standing behind him. Rhaegon glared at Criston. "I will recommend you step away from my sister, now!"
Criston gave a mocking smile before turning to face her brother. Both boys were coming from their training. Rhaegon had a hand on his sword and did not take his eyes away from Criston. Visenya grabbed Jaehaera's hand and pulled her a few feet away. Xanner had a worried look on his face and she gave him a nod.
"What do you think you are doing?" Rhaegon moved closer to Criston, glaring at him. "What makes you think you can talk to my sister that way?"
"My prince." Criston gave a mocking bow. "I came to retrieve Princess Jaehaera, I have orders from the queen to escort her to her chambers."
"I do not care if the orders come from the king himself." Rhaegon looked at Jaehaera, who shook her head. "If the princess does not want to go with you she does not have to. Now leave."
"I am not going anywhere without Princess Jaehaera." Criston stood up straighter.
"You will do whatever we order you to." Rhaegon moved closer until he was in Criston's face and smirked. At that moment he looked exactly like their father. "In case you have forgotten you are a servant, and we are princes and princesses. Even Xanner is a lord, he will inherit one of the greatest castles in the kingdom. So, when my cousins, my sisters, or I give you an order you only nod and obey. Am I making myself clear?"
"Of course, my prince." Criston's eyes were filled with hate, but he left.
Rhaegon smiled at both of them and moved closer, kissing her forehead. Xanner also moved a bit closer and gave a small bow, making her heart skip a beat.
"He is a cunt." Jaehaera's mouth dropped open at Rhaegon's language and Visenya hit his arm laughing. "Let us go get some food, I am starving."
"You are always starving." Rhaegon threw an arm over her shoulders and the other one over Jaehaera's. "Where is Baelon?"
"After the trial father wanted to get some things done and Baelon decided to help him." Rhaegon shrugged. "Xanner decided to help me train. Now let us go find our other siblings and get the kitchen to make us something delicious."
Visenya was happy to have her family with her. She could not help but feel bad for the queen. Whatever Otto had been, he was her father and Visenya heard his death had been violent and he would not even be allowed a proper burial. His head would be on display for everyone to see and the rest of his body had been eaten by Caraxes.