Chapter 10

High Valyrian will be in italics.

                                Deirys Targaryen (6 years old day of the hunt

                                Deirys Targaryen (6 years old day of the hunt.)

"Are you feeling well, little hatchling?" Deirys eyes snapped to her mother and she must have appeared confused because Rhaenyra gave her a worried look "You have been quiet all morning, are you feeling sick? Do you need to see a healer?"

"No, I'm alright" Deirys looked down at her little sister, sitting in her lap and playing with her tunic. Her mother dressed her in a tunic that looked almost like armor, and her little sister seemed to be entranced by it. Deirys looked up at her mother once more "Uncle Aemond said I can go hunting with him today, is that ok?"

"Love, you know you are too young to participate in the hunt." Her father opened his mouth, but her mother gave him a sideway look that made him close it again. "Why don't you stay in the tent with your siblings and me? We will have fun."

"Please mama, I really want to go." She gave her mother her most dazzling smile "Uncle Aemond will protect me, you know that."

Before her mother could answer, the wheelhouse came to a halt and they were being introduced. Her father got out first, helping her mother, who now had Visenya in her arms, then helped her and her brothers get out of the wheelhouse. People clapped as they walked towards the giant white and red tent that had been erected close to the tree line. Once they walked in Deirys ran towards her uncle, who was standing with her grandsire and the queen.

"Kepus." She giggled when he lifted her in his arms and kissed her cheek "Help me convince Mother to let me go on the hunt with you, please."

"Of course." He smiled at her and kissed her head. "Do not worry, leave it all to me."

"You know I do not like it when you speak that cursed language Aemond." Deirys tightened her arms around her uncle's neck, while the queen glared hatefully at her. "Is not polite to speak in a language other people do not understand, princess. Your mother needs to teach you better manners."

"Do not speak to her like that." Her uncle glared at his mother. "She did not do anything wrong, since she was speaking to me and I understood perfectly what she was saying. Maybe you should not listen to other people's conversation."

Her uncle walked away, still holding her in his arms. Deirys saw the queen glaring after them, but her grandsire say something to her that made her face flush, and walked away in a huff. It took Aemond just a moment with her mother to convince her to allow Deirys to go on the hunt with him. Both her mother and father agreed, her father sounded more annoyed than worried, which for some reason made her mother smile. All the people would be riding horses. None of them were allowed to bring their dragons, which made her sad. She hated being apart from Vermithor, even if she could not ride him she loved spending time with him.