Chapter 31

Finally Otto's trial. New things are revealed and proof is shown. We will also see a more manipulative side of Deirys, she knows how to manipulate the situation to make sure her family is safe. Viserys looses his head a bit and he surprises everyone. Valyrian is in italics. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Aemond already felt a headache coming and the spectacle had not even started yet. He had spent the past two days avoiding his mother. He already knew what she was going to say and he was tired of hearing it. She had been acting more volatile these past few days, it was almost like she was on edge and just needed the tiniest push to go over the edge. Even his sister Helaena and her children had stopped visiting her. Jaehaera was scared of his mother and it did not help when the only thing she did was talk badly about Visenya, who was Jaehaera's best friend and cousin. Aemond knew without any doubt that his grandsire was guilty, but it would need to be proven if the king was to believe it. Deirys had told him about some of the evidence that had been gathered against his grandsire, she had also let him know that there were other things he did not know and would find out today. He knew she had something planned but would not tell him what it was.

Thinking about Deirys brought a smile to Aemond's face, especially remembering what she had done two nights prior. His body hardened in response when he remembered the way her mouth had felt around his cock. This was not the best place to think about it, especially because her father was sitting a few feet away from him. He was convinced Daemon would kill him without a second thought if he discovered what they had done, but it would be worth it. He looked towards Deirys, who was standing next to her mother and two brothers. She looked beautiful in her red and gold gown, even if he preferred her naked. Daemon and Rhaenyra had decided their two older sons were old enough to be present during the trial. Aemond suspected they were there to keep their mother calm and safe more than anything else. He had noticed how tense Daemon and Rhaenyra were, and it was not just because of the trial. Something had happened, Daemon would not stop glaring and had been in an awful mood for the past day.

"All hail Viserys Targaryen, first of his name King of the Andals, and the Rhoynar, and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm."

Everyone stood as his father entered the room. Men bowed and women curtsied and he walked past them. This time the trial was being held in the throne room out of respect for Aemond's mother and his old friend. The king did not know how people would react once the evidence was presented. Once the King sat on the throne the judges also sat down. After a few minutes Otto was brought in, he was flanked by four unsullied and looked awful. His clothes were dirty and ripped, and he had dried blood on his face and also his clothes. Aemond was aware that Daemon had questioned Otto and he really had not been gentle about it.

Aemond and Daemon had decided to let Lord Corlys do most of the talking, people would not believe anything coming from them since Aemond was Otto's grandson and Daemon hated him. If Aemond said something people will think that he was trying to save his grandsire and if Daemon said anything people would think he was trying to get Otto killed. Corlys would present the charges and do most of the talking, except for any questions they had. Otto kept glaring at Daemon.

"Ser Otto Hightower, you stand accused of high treason, for attempting to usurp the throne, conspiring with Dorne to assassinate the royal family, and providing critical war plans to our enemies." The entire court was murmuring to themselves. "How do you plead?"

"I am innocent." Even after being in the black cells for over a sennight, he did not seem to realize the amount of trouble he was in. "None of you have the right to be judging me."

"Ser Otto, you will address the judges and the rest of the court with respect." Viserys's voice was firm, but he looked torn. "You will only speak when spoken to. The faster we get this over with, the better."