Chapter 4

In this chapter Rhaenyra and Daemon have a political win. We also see more of Aemond and Deirys, how adorable they are together. We also get a small glimpse into Aemond's mind and how things might start changing for the better between him and Daemon. I also included an image of what Deirys Targaryen looks like at 1 year old. I created an image of what I saw in my mind when I created the character using an AI app. High Valyrian will be in italics.

                                                           Deirys Targaryen (1 year old)

All the lords had gone by midday. Rhaenyra felt like she could breathe again. She and Daemon had broken their fast with her father and the queen. Her father had been happy when he heard Aemond had claimed Vhagar, but she could tell Alicent was a bit afraid. Once they had eaten Rhaenyra had taken a walk with her father. He seemed happy to spend time with her and with Deirys. In a way, he seemed more at ease while away from the capital.

"I wanted to speak with you about something important." Her father just looked at her but did not say anything. "I've been thinking that I should be more involved in the Kingdom's governing. As heir, it will be good if the lords see that I'm capable of ruling and making decisions."

"It gladdens me to hear you say that. I have been waiting for you to get more involved."

"I believe that the best way to do this would be for me to be a member of the small council." Her father opened her mouth, but she did not give him a chance to speak "I have been missing Kings Landing and also you. I know you would like to spend more time with Deirys. I would also like to spend more time with my siblings."

"I believe that is a great idea." He was smiling really wide and looked happier that she had seen her since her mother had died "You should have a position as my heir. I'm so happy we will be able to be a family once more."

He hugged her without giving her time to answer. She knew that they would never be a true family until Otto and his daughter were gone. Of course, she could not tell her father. They walked farther down the beach to where Daemon was sitting on a blanket, their daughter was a few steps away playing with Aemond. Helaena seemed to be taken with a small crab and Aegon was nowhere to be found. Deirys was giggling while Aemond pretended to chase her. Even though she could only take a few steps before falling on her bottom, she seemed to be having great fun. Aemond was also laughing, which Rhaenyra believed was a bit strange. She had never seen Aemond smile, much less laugh.

"He seems to really like her." Her father seemed happy that they were getting along "I have never seen him like this."

"Deirys is capable to melt even the coldest hearts. She also seems to be very taken with him." They both walked closer to Daemon "My love, what are you three doing here? I thought you and Aemond were going dragon riding."