Chapter 19

This chapter will introduce a new important character. Deirys starts plotting and making some political maneuvers. We will get to see how her personality has grown in the few months away from her family. I am aware that the events are different from the books, but again this story does not really follow the books timeline. High Valyrian will be in italics. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                           Deirys Targaryen (13 years old

                                           Deirys Targaryen (13 years old.)

                                          Anari Waters (13 years old

                                          Anari Waters (13 years old.)

"Have you gotten a response from your parents?" Anari had insisted she wrote to her parents as soon as they had returned to Braavos. "I would think they worried about you when they were told you had left and no one knew where you had gone to."

It had taken Deirys over three moons to make it back to Braavos. Deirys had used the Unsullied to help get control of Astapor. Some of the slave masters had escaped. A few had stayed behind refusing to leave the city and agreed to work with her in exchange for staying in charge of Astapor. She had given the slaves the riches left behind by the slave masters who had fled. She had also been able to establish a treaty with the two masters that had remained in the city. She had worked with them to come up with laws that would help the old slaves in the city. Under the new laws slavery was abolished, except as a punishment for a crime, where the person underwent a fair trial and had been found guilty, as long as the charge was not serious enough to warrant an execution. The punishment would last for a certain period of time, depending on the crime. All Astapor's citizens were to be paid for their services.

Deirys had taken hold of half of Astapor's fleet as payment for taking her lady and for the master's trying to kill her. They had given her two hundred ships, it still was not enough to transport all the unsullied. Deirys had used some of the gold she had brought and bought two hundred more ships from Pentos, Volantis, and Tyrosh. She had sent Anari ahead to prepare all things needed to accommodate her new soldiers. She had named Black Rat as the commander of the unsullied. They were still working on the names. She did not like the fact that the old masters had named them after a color and a fruit or an animal.