Chapter 7

This chapter will have a little family time. Daemon and Rhaenyra's children getting into a little mischief. I want to remind you all that this fiction does not follow the books or the TV show completely. I have created new characters and made them older or younger than they actually are in the books. We will also meet Rhaenyra's ladies in waiting. This chapter is more of a filler chapter. I had to introduce Rhaenyra's ladies since they will have somewhat of an important role in the story. High Valyrian will be in italics.

                                                   Rhaenyra Targaryen (22 years old

                                                   Rhaenyra Targaryen (22 years old.)

Rhaenyra read the message she had received before attending the small council meeting. Her spies were working even better than she had expected. She had known for a long time that Jason Lannister was an idiot that had no idea how he was being used. He was still holding a grudge due to the fact that she had rejected a match with him. She had noticed how close he had gotten to Otto in the past few years. When she decided to put a spy in his household she had known it had to be someone no one would suspect. Her lady in waiting Ellyn Baratheon needed a husband and she put her eyes on Ser Tyland Lannister, Rhaenyra had not protested the match too much. What better spy than a wife? Rhaenyra would have never pushed for the match, except that she realized that Tyland Lannister had actually fallen in love with Ellyn.

Ellyn kept her husband from betraying Rhaenyra and also provided her with valuable information. Like this message from Jason Lannister, he had actually given gold to Otto to buy an army. Apparently, Otto was dead set on war. They were attempting to get support from the more influential lords, getting ready for when her father died. Rhaenyra smiled and handed the note back to Ellyn. She would have to return it before her husband noticed it was gone.

"When will Lord Jason and his wife be arriving?"

"I believe they should be here later this afternoon, your Grace" Ellyn hid the note in her dress, before continuing "They have to travel slowly due to Lady Johanna being with child. I believe she is having troubles with the pregnancy."

"Well, we should invite her to tea once she is feeling well." Rhaenyra felt bad for anyone that had to stand the stupid Lord but that did not mean she could not get some use out of Lady Johanna. If Jason Lannister supported Otto once her father died, he would not be alive to run the Westerlands for much longer. "Please make sure to extend my invitation to her."

"Yes, your grace."

Once Ellyn was gone Rhaenyra walked to her bed and picked up Visenya, who was cooing and attempting to eat her fist. Rhaenyra smiled down at her daughter. She did not get too many moments alone with her children. Deirys was always running after Aemond or Daemond. Rhaegon and Baelon loved spending time with her, but since Daemon had recently started their training, they also did not have a lot of time. Then there was her youngest daughter, who was still a babe and loved being in her mother's arms. Unfortunately, Rhaenyra's duty as heir kept her from spending as much time with her family as she would like. Even when she was not meeting with the Lords, or helping the people, there was all the lying and the scheming. Some days she was so exhausted that she just wanted to run away. She missed Dragonstone.