Chapter 18

Deirys makes some decisions. She is having issues making up her mind, she realizes how protected she had been in Kings Landings. Deirys obtains something valuable and important. High Valyrian will be in italics. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

                                       Deirys Targaryen (13 years old

                                       Deirys Targaryen (13 years old.)

                                                  Anari Waters (13 years old

                                                  Anari Waters (13 years old.)

Deirys hated being taken by surprise. All of her life her father had thought her the importance of being prepared. You did not go into battle without a plan and you did not allow your enemy to get the upper hand. She had grown compliant. Shrykos had the right of it, she did not realize how protected she had been until she was on her own and forced to make hard decisions without her parent's help. Deirys had been in a meeting with some of the faceless men when Ser Erryk had run into the main chamber at the House of Black and White. He was bleeding from a cut on his arm. He had been traveling with Anari, they had taken the ship a few days before to travel to Volantis to get some supplies. The ship had been attacked and Anari had been taken by slavers. Deirys had mounted Vermithor less than an hour later, Ser Erryk had insisted on going with her, but she refused. He was injured, he needed help. She had taken one of the faceless men with her. He would be able to find out what had happened without raising suspicion. She had traveled to Astapor, looking to find out what happened to her friend. Anari should have been safe, she had enough coin to buy her way out of almost anything. Deirys did not understand why she had been taken. The slave market was saturated with people. They were all there to buy slaves. There were all kinds of people in cages, like animals, including children. There was a small child, he could not have been more than three, he was sitting towards the back of the cage, his whole body shaking. A young woman was a few feet away, she was being dragged by the hair, her arms reaching out to the child. Deirys could see the resemblance, she must be his mother or sister. She wanted to intervene, but her only weapon was a dagger and she was seriously outnumbered. She would get killed or taken if she tried. An old man crashed into her.