Chapter 37

The aftermath of what happened after Deirys collapsed. I hope you guys like it. 🥰

Aemond saw Deirys's eyes roll back in her head and she started falling. He did not think before launching himself towards her, thankfully he was able to catch her before she hit the ground. Her face was dead pale and she felt cold to the touch, even her gorgeous rose-colored lips were pale.
"Deirys?" Aemond felt terror cursing through his body. The last time he had felt this kind of fear was on her sixth name-day hunt when she had been engulfed by dragon fire. Aemond turned her head towards him, she did not react. "Come on, little treasure, wake up."
"Deirys?" Rhaenyra moved to his other side. She had tears in her eyes as she looked at her daughter. Aemond could hear Daemon yelling for a healer. Rhaenyra lightly tapped Deirys's face. "Come on, little love. Wake up."
"Mama." Rhaenyra and Aemond looked up a Visenya's voice. The poor girl looked terrified, she had tears running down her face. "What is wrong with Deirys?"
"I do not know, my love" Rhaenyra looked terrified and Aemond was still frozen. Looking down at his wife, who looked almost dead. Rhaenyra ran a hand over Deirys's hair. "Where is that healer?"
"I am here, your grace." Rhaenyra stoop up and took a step back, letting the man kneel next to her.
"Do not fucking touch her." The maester looked at him wide-eyed. After everything the faith had done to their family, especially the women, there was no way he would allow the man anywhere near her. Aemond finally unfroze and lift Deirys up in his arms, then turned and looked at Rhaenyra. "I am taking her to our chambers, I want one of your healers to tend to her."
Aemond did not wait for any of them to respond. He almost ran to his chambers, he could hear Rhaenyra, Daemon, and the rest of their family footsteps behind them. Ser Erryk opened the chamber doors before he even got there. Aemond laid her on the bed, running a hand over her hair. She still felt cold to the touch and her face was still pale. He wanted to cry, he had just gotten her, he could not lose her. She needed to be ok. The healer ran into the room and without saying anything moved him out of the way. Aemond turned around and almost slammed into Daemon and Rhaenyra, he saw all his nieces and nephews, plus his brother, sister, and father behind them. They all looked scared and could not look away from the woman in the bed.
Aemond looked at the healer examining Deirys and started pacing. What if someone had done something to her? He could not help but think this was planned by his mother. She had been the one to request them all for that dinner and she had made that special juice for Deirys. If he found out that his mother was the one behind this or that she had done something to Deirys, he would make sure she regretted it. Aemond heard a moan and ran to the bed, the healer was holding something under Deirys's nose that was making her groan.
"What is wrong with her?" Aemond glared at the healer, who was not even looking at him. "Tell me why she just collapsed and will not wake up."
"My prince, I need to examine her before I can give you any answers." The woman was not intimidated by him, or even remotely impressed. "If you all will leave the room."
"You are out of your mind if you think I am leaving." Aemond shook his head. "I am not..."
"Aemond." Rhaenyra put a hand on his back, she helped him off the bed. "Let us leave the healer to examine her. She will call us in as soon as she knows what is wrong with her."
Aemond was torn, he did not want to leave his wife, but he wanted to know what was wrong with her and for that, the healer needed to examine her. Rhaenyra walked him out and made sure everyone was outside before closing the doors. Aemond noticed that his mother was not present, she had not even bothered to check on his wife. Aemond should not have been hurt any longer, but he could not help himself. Even if his mother did not get along with his wife, she should check on her for his sake. Hours seem to pass by but Aemond knew it had been just a few minutes before the doors opened and the healer was standing there.
"What is it?" Among crowed the woman before she could speak. "What is wrong?"
"She is awake, my prince." Aemond walked into the room before the woman could finish telling him what was wrong.
Deirys was sitting on the bed, her back was propped up by several pillows. She was still a little pale but had a bit more color on her face, and her lips were not as bloodless as before. Her smile took his breath away and he was kneeling next to her seconds later. He kissed her mouth, caressing her face gently.
"Are you well?" He looked her over, almost expecting to find some kind of injury. "The healer wanted all of us to leave so she could examine you."
"I know and do not worry, I am well. I am more than well actually." Deirys took his hand and placed it over her belly, giving him a radiant smile. "I am with child."
"What?" To say he was shocked would be an understatement. Then he felt pure joy fill his entire body and he swore his smile almost split his face in two. "Are you sure?"
"Yes." She laughed, before grabbing his face and kissing him. She pulled back and smiled. "The healer told me just a few moments before she went to get you."
"I am so happy." He kissed her again.
They were still kissing when the doors opened and the rest of their family walked in. Rhaenyra and Daemon walked to the other side of the bed. Rhaenyra was on the bed before Aemond or Daemon could do or say anything. She wrapped her arms around Deirys, kissing her on the side of the head.
"I am so happy you are well." Deirys smiled at her mother and father. "We were so afraid, we did not know what was wrong with you."
"I am well, mama." Deirys kissed her mother's hand. "I am sorry I made you worry."
"Princess, my prince." They both looked at the healer, who was putting away the tools she had used to examine Deirys. She gave Deirys a stern look. "Princess like I said before, your fainting spell was caused by exhaustion and the changes your body is going through due to the pregnancy. I know you are busy, but I need you to take it easy. The first few months are the most dangerous ones, you cannot take this lightly."
"My love, I am so happy you are going to have a child." Rhaenyra was smiling at both of them. "You will have a little dragon of your own. Congratulations both of you."
"Thank you." Aemond was so happy he could not erase the smile from his face.
His brother slapped him on the back and offered his congratulation, while his sister hugged him. His nephews all hugged him, offering their congratulations. Their family stayed with them for a few hours before Aemond was finally able to convince them to leave them alone. He would make sure Deirys got the rest she needed, he also needed to make sure she would slow down a little. He would not let all the pressure she was feeling be the reason they would lose their baby.
*************************************************************************