Chapter 2

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mr. Kaewbumrung's POV

"Sir, breakfast is ready, sir," I opened my bedroom door upon the insistent knocking of my housekeeper Pete.

Pete is my housekeeper--driver-cook-gardener,  my trusted all around handyman.

"Thanks, Pete," I said to him. "I will be going down to the breakfast room shortly."

I glanced at my bedroom clock as I was drying my hair after I got out of the shower. I had ample time to eat a leisurely breakfast while going through the morning news.

"Good morning, sir." Pete greeted me when I entered the breakfast room.

"Good morning, Pete," I returned his greeting as I sat down on my chair. "Let's see, what have you fixed for me this morning?"

I did not wait for his reply, nor did he offer any as he removed the silver covers of the platters on the table.

"Hmm, looks good to me," I said. "Thank you, Pete."

Pete smiled and bowed to acknowledge my praise.

I took a sip from my glass of freshly squeezed orange juice before cutting into the Japanese style rolled omelet with a thin line of ketchup sauce on top of it.

I stuffed a forkful of it into my mouth and then glanced around for my daily newspaper but it wasn't on the usual place on my breakfast table.

"It wasn't delivered this morning, sir." Pete said before I could ask him where it was.

Then I realized something. I had forgotten to instruct my secretary before I left my previous office to notify the newspaper company about my change of address.

"Don't worry about it, Pete," I said. "There might be a delay in delivering it to our new address."

When Pete saw that I was almost finished with breakfast he went to take the car key from the copper bowl on one corner of the kitchen counter top.

"I will drive myself to work today, Pete," I said to him.

"Very well, sir," said Pete as he moved to clear the table.

Pete usually drove me to work but today I decided to acquaint myself with the morning traffic of Bangkok's busiest streets. That way I could tell how early I should be getting out of the house to get to work on time.

The Sunday before my scheduled move to my new residence, I had asked Pete to drive me around the places close to my new house to see where the business establishments were, including the medical center, the schools, the shopping mall, and the restaurants. I noticed that there was a private high school which was just two blocks away from my house, an easy seven to ten minute walk from my house. Students being dropped off to that school in the morning could cause me a delay to get to work so I had to make an adjustment to my morning routine.

I eased my car out of the driveway and was ready to speed up when I had to step hard on my brakes.

A young man in a school uniform, most likely a student going to the private high school that was just two blocks from my house had suddenly darted across the street, straight into my car's path.

I almost honked at him but decided not to do so. He already looked startled at the sound of the loud screech of my car's tires.

Then something occurred to me. Why  not offer him a ride since he seemed to be rushing which meant he might be trying to get to his school on time.

I got out of my car. He stopped in his tracks and looked at me anxiously as if waiting for me to scold him for recklessly crossing the street without looking if there were any cars going down the street.

"Do you live in that house across from mine?" I asked.

He nodded, still looking anxious. I noticed how good looking he was. When he grew older he was sure to break many a girl's heart.

"Would you like me to drop you off at your school?" I offered.

His anxious expression turned into a wide smile.

"That would be fantastic!" he said. already walking to the passenger side of my car.