Chapter 7

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

And now, it's dinner time!

Third Person POV

"Can I also call you Thanawat?" Fourth asked after being introduced to Mr. Kaewbumrung.

Mr. Kaewbumrung thought it over carefully and then decided that it would make him appear all stuck up and high and mighty if he refused so he nodded and said, "If you wish to do so, I'm fine with it."

"Yay!" Fourth squealed with delight while Peat and Gemini wore broad grins on their faces.

"Come, let's go to the dining room." Peat's mom invited everyone.

Just then Peat's dad came downstairs smelling freshly showered.

Mr. Kaewbumrung immediately stepped forward and extended his hand to Peat's dad.

"Good evening, sir," he said. "I'm Mr. Kaewbumrung. I'm your new neighbor who lives across the street."

"Welcome to our neighborhood," said Peat's dad, accepting Mr; Kaewbumrung's offer of a handshake. "I'm Paul. I'm pleased to meet you Mr. Kaewbumrung."

"Just call me Thanawat,"  said Mr. Kaewbumrung.

"Very well," said Peat's dad. "Please come and join us for dinner."

Dinner was a bit of a noisy affair with the three boys dominating the conversation.

Over dinner, Thanawat informed Peat's dad that he was the newly appointed CEO of the newly opened Bangkok branch of the Jade Group of companies. So he had to move to this neighborhood.

In exchange Peat's dad offered the information that he was the manager of a large real estate company and that his wife, Peat's mom, owned a small jewelry shop in a shopping mall close to the neighborhood.

"How do you relax on your days off?" Peat's dad asked Thanawat.

"It depends on my mood," Thanawat replied. "If the weather is good, I like relaxing on the beach."

"Can we invite you to the beach this coming Sunday?" Fourth asked.

Everybody's head turned to Fourth. Fourth started to blush, smiling sheepishly.

"Sorry, I just said it on impulse," he said.

"Actually that's a great idea," Peat's dad said. "Thanawat, if you haven't anything planned next Sunday, I would love for you to spend it with me and my family at the beach."

"Oww!" Peat squealed when he felt a heavy foot land on his under the table.

Then Peat realized that it was his cue to include Fourth and Gemini to the group in next Sunday's beach event.

"Mom, Dad, could we also invite Fourth and Gemini to the beach next Sunday?" asked Peat.

"If their parents will allow them." Peat's dad replied.

"I'm sure they will!" Fourth and Gemini said excitedly at the same time.

"I don't have anything planned for next Sunday," Thanawat said to Peat's dad. "I am pleased to accept your invitation. I will take care of bringing the drinks in a large icebox."

"Great! My wife and I will take care of the food." Peat's dad said. "Are you allergic to any kind of food?"

"Not that I know of, so far," Thanawat replied.

"Wonderful," said Peat's dad.

Soon dinner was over and Peat's mom and dad were escorting Thanawat to the front door after Thanawat had thanked them graciously for the dinner.

"Can we accompany Thanawat to his gate? It's just across the street," Peat asked his parents.

"And we will come with Peat," Gemini said to reinforce Peat's request.

Thanawat smiled and said, "Thanks but there's no need. Nothing will happen to me if I cross the street on my own."