Chapter 17

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Thanawat could not believe what he was hearing from Apo's lips.

"What happened to MIle?" Thanawat had to ask, because he was sure that Apo was not just going to appear in front of him without good reason.

"We broke up," Apo explained simply. He didn't seem to want to talk further about it.

Thanawat nodded his head slightly, itching to know more about Apo's circumstances, but holding back because he could sense Apo's hesitation to talk about it.

After a long moment of silence, Thanawat finally said, "I have a spare room down the hallway."

Apo let out a sigh of relief, as if he had been holding his breath for Thanawat's answer.

Thanawat could barely sleep during the night. He kept on reminiscing the magical times that he and Apo had shared back when Apo was his boyfriend. His thoughts would always stop at the time when Apo and his parents left for New York during their summer vacation because that time signaled the end of his relationship with Apo. When Apo had finally come back from his summer vacation in New York, he had suddenly behaved differently with Thanawat. He had become distant and indifferent with Thanawat. Until finally he had discovered that Apo had been communicating with someone named Mile whom he had met while he was in New York. Mile and Apo had continued to keep in touch until Mile also came back to Thailand. From then on Mile and Apo were inseparable and Thanawat was no longer in the picture.

When Thanawat woke up, he found Apo in the living room.

"Come and join me for breakfast," Thanawat invited Apo.

"Sure, thanks," said Apo, standing up from the couch.

During breakfast, Thanawat said he would be going to work after breakfast.

"If you're not planning anything today, I can invite you to come see where I work," Thanawat offered.

"That would be great!" Apo said as he cut up a piece of the turkey sausage.

Apo and Thanawat ate in silence for a while until finally Thanawat could not take it any longer. He turned to Apo and looked at him briefly before speaking again.

"What really happened between you and Mile?" Thanawat asked but quickly followed it with "But if you don't want to talk about it, I will respect that."

Apo looked down at his plate for a long time before saying, "He went back to his ex girlfriend."

Thanawat sucked in his breath before exclaiming "Ohjeezus"

After a few more moments of silence, Thanawat asked, "How long ago was this?"

"Just yesterday," Apo replied.

"Ohjeezus," Thanawat remarked once more. "Why did you decide to come and find me?"

"I had been driving blindly from where Mile and I live and I realized I was in the city where you live and so I decided to look you up, and here I am," Apo explained.

Thanawat did not want to ask the next question but he could not help himself. He took a sip from his cup of coffee to gain some confidence.

"Did you ask Mile why he had decided to go back to his ex girlfriend?" Thanawat asked.

"I did not," Apo replied. "I was just so hurt when I saw them together with his arms wrapped around her shoulders. I approached them and told Mile that it was over between us and then I took off and here I am."

"Tsk, tsk," Thanwat said, shaking his head. "You should have given him a chance to explain. What if it was just an innocent thing. What if he had a good explanation for being with her at that time?"

Apo did not reply because he was starting to realize that he might have done a stupid thing and was probably causing his own misery.

Thanawat stood up from the breakfast table.

"Let's go," he said.