Chapter 33

A/N: The lyrics video above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on YouTube.

Third Person POV

When Mr. Suelecha noticed the downcast look on his son's face after Thanawat ended the call he placed a comforting hand on his son's shoulder.

"Things will eventually work out fine," he said to Peat. "Just give him time. Sometimes letting things be is the best option."

Peat nodded gloomily.

"Now go and prepare for bed," said Mr. Suelecha. "I need to rest as well. I've had a stressful workday."

"Good night, Dad," said Peat. "Please tell Mom I wish her a good night as well."

"Sure, son, see you in the morning." said Mr. Suelecha, tapping his son on his shoulder before walking away.

Peat had a fitful sleep during the night. On the hours that he had fallen asleep he dreamed of Thanawat and Apo kissing. He had tried to yell at both of them in his dream but his voice just wouldn't come out of his throat. He ended up crying and when he awoke he found that his cheeks were wet with his tears. He brushed them off gloomily.

He got out of bed and made his way to the bathroom.

He glanced at the digital clock on his dresser before heading off to the bathroom. It was half past six in the morning.

He was just in time to hear the sound of his phone announcing an incoming text when he got out of the bathroom.

If you want me to give you a ride to school this morning be at my gate in fifteen minutes.

The message was from Thanawat.

Oh shit.

Peat did not even bother to dry his hair.

He grabbed his uniform, hurriedly put them on, put on his socks and shoes, grabbed his backpack and ran down the stairs, almost tripping when he reached the landing.

"I'm off to school, Mom, Dad!" he called out to his startled parents who were sitting at the breakfast table sipping their morning coffee.

Mr. and Mrs. Suelecha looked at each other wide eyed but they did not fail to notice their son's happy smile and cheerful voice.

"All is well in his world." Mr. Suelecha said as he picked up his coffee cup.

"I guess so," Mrs. Suelecha said, smiling indulgently at her husband.

Peat was just in time to see Thanawat's gate opening and his car easing out of the driveway.

"What the hell, Peat," Thanawat mumbled after Peat settled into the front passenger seat. "Why is your hair dripping wet and uncombed."

"Because someone said that I had to be outside his gate in fifteen minutes," Peat replied reproachfully.

Thanawat held back a chuckle and reached forward to open his glove compartment and took out a hairbrush.

Before Thanawat could straighten up, Peat grabbed his face and planted a kiss on Thanawat's lips.

Thanawat pushed him away, saying, "Hey, I haven't forgiven you yet for being a cheating bastard."

"But, seriously, sweetheart, I haven't cheated on you," Peat protested. "That guy you saw me with at the mall was my new substitute teacher. We knew each other from long ago and we thought it would be good to catch up over dinner. I had forgotten to unmute my phone because we are strictly forbidden in class to use our phones. That was the reason why I didn't hear your incoming text messages."

Thanawat handed the hairbrush to Peat.

"My heart wants me to believe you but my brain is warning me that you are involved with that guy," Thanawat said as he started to drive forward.

"I swear, my love, I am not cheating on you," Peat said in a serious voice as he pulled down the car mirror from above him and brushed his hair into place.

Thanawat glanced at the dashboard clock.

"I think we have time to grab some breakfast at that coffee shop along the way," he said. "I'm assuming you haven't had time to eat anything."

"You're right, I didn't have time because someone ordered me to..."

"Shut up now," Thanawat said as he sped up the car and then slowed down to drive into the parking lot of a small plaza where a cozy little coffee shop was already open.

Thanawat parked right in front of the coffee shop entrance.

Thankfully, aside from themselves, there was only one other customer who was seated by the entrance, drinking from a steaming cup of something.

Thanawat always preferred to eat in small cozy restaurants that didn't have too many customers.

"Order whatever breakfast food and drink you want," Thanawat said to Peat. "It's on me."

"No, it will be on me," Peat protested. "I got paid yesterday by the school for helping out in our sports auditorium."

"You're a working student?" Thanawat raised his eyebrow at Peat.

"Not on a regular basis," Peat explained. "My friends and I do it from time to time."

"Well then, I guess I should let you pay for breakfast, seeing that you treated your other boyfriend to dinner yesterday," Thanawat said.

"Please don't spoil the start of our day," Peat said, glaring at Thanawat.

"Sorry," said Thanawat but he didn't look sorry at all.

Thanawat and Peat brought their breakfast of vanilla waffles and crispy bacon strips and creamed coffee to a corner table.

"I don't wanna talk about it," Peat said to Thanawat before Thanawat could say a word.

Thanawat sighed. Peat seemed to know that Thanawat was eager to ask him about the guy that Thanawat had seen him with yesterday at the mall.