Chapter 26

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Dome Woranart Ratthanaphast. He played the role of Beam in 2Moons season two.

Dome's POV

"Because you don't have any teaching experience yet, I can't give you a regular teaching job at this time," Mr. Sukharangsan the high school principal of the Immaculate Heart Academy informed me. (A/N: Immaculate Heart Academy is a fictional name for a school. Author does not know if such a school exists. If there is one with that name it's purely coincidental)

"I completely understand," I said, doing my best not to show my disappointment.

"However," Mr. Sukharangsan said, "since you are an alumnus of this school, I will make an exception and will give you a job as a substitute teacher. Whenever any of my regular teachers are unavailable to teach, I will let you take their place for the day."

"I would be happy to do that," I said. "That would give me some teaching experience that I could add to my resume later on."

"Very well," said Mr. Sukharangsan. "Mrs. Perawat, the World History teacher of the graduating class will not be available today because she has an appointment with her Ob-Gyn. She is on her eighth month of pregnancy so her doctor visits are more frequent now."

"What time does her class start?" I asked, feeling nervous all of a sudden.

"It starts right after the school lunch hour which is one o'clock in the afternoon," Mr. Sukharangsan replied. "The class is located at room 18 and is the last door on the west corridor."

I glanced at my watch. It was only eleven thirty. I wondered where I should go in the meantime.

"Where do teachers take their lunch?" I suddenly remembered to ask.

"They go to a separate cafeteria at the other side of this building," Mr. Sukharangsan replied. "You can go there right now. The cafeteria starts serving lunch at eleven."

"Very well," I said, standing from the chair that I had taken in front of the principal's desk.

There were already a few teachers who were lined up by the cafeteria glass counter.

Since my nervousness took my appetite away, I decided to just have a small bowl of broccoli and cheddar soup and a cup of hot lemon grass tea to calm my nerves.

I barely touched my broccoli and cheddar soup because of my nervousness but I did finish my lemon grass tea. 

I did not know what to expect from the graduating class. Were they a well behaved group or were they an unruly group. Would they have a welcoming attitude towards me or would they greet me with jeers.

It seemed like forever before the school bell rang to signify the start of the World History class.

With much anxiety I walked towards room 18, bracing myself for a hostile reception from the graduating class.

"Where is Mrs. Perawat?" someone from the back of the classroom asked before I  could even introduce myself.

"Good afternoon, everyone," I said, trying not to let my nervousness creep into my voice. "Mrs. Perawat had to go to a doctor appointment. I will be your substitute teacher for today. My name is ..."

"Dome!"

I found myself leaning against the teacher's desk to support my weight.

Never in a million years did I expect to see him again.

He must be eighteen years old by now. He was only sixteen when he took my virginity from me.