Chapter 9

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Thanawat's POV

"Peat is having painful leg cramps!" Gemini came running to the beach hut, his face all filled with frantic.

I saw from afar Fourth helping Peat to get to the shore.

"I know how to deal with cramps," I said, running towards them.

Peat's mom and dad ran with me.

Fourth helped Peat to lay down on the sand.

"Which leg is it?" I asked Peat.

"The left one," Peat replied, his face all contorted with pain.

I straightened the affected leg and pressed down on the area where the shin was. I pressed hard while pulling the left foot in the direction of the leg.

In less than a minute, the cramps disappeared and relief was all over Peat's face.

Suddenly he placed his arms tightly around me and started sobbing into my chest.

"You're alright now, you're alright now," I tried to reassure him but he kept his arms around me and his face buried into my chest.

His father smiled apologetically at me.

"He's an only child so I have babied him all these years," his mother explained.

"Stop being a crybaby and get off Nawat's chest!" Fourth scolded Peat.

"C'mon, let's all go and have something to eat," I said, removing Peat's arms from around my waist and standing up from my crouching position.

Peat started pouting while I helped him up from the sand.

When we got to the beach hut, Gemini was happily munching on a grilled piece of meat and was drinking from a bottle of beer.

"Nooooo!!!" I yelled at Gemini. "How old are you??? I don't think you're old enough to drink any alcoholic beverages!!!"

But Gemini just grinned, and emptied the rest of the beer into his mouth. And I noticed that there were two other empty bottles of beer beside the last one that he drank!!!

"Did you drink from the other two bottles?" I asked Peat's dad.

"No," he replied, frowning at Gemini.

"You better drink a lot of water before we go home," Peat's dad scolded Gemini. "I will get into so much trouble with your parents if you went home drunk."

"But Fourth and I are spending the night with Peat," Gemini reasoned out. "By tomorrow I will be okay. In the meantime please let me have some more of this cold beer."

Gemini reached out for another bottle of beer but I grabbed it from him.

"No more beer for you," I said sternly. "From now on, I will watch you closely, you naughty kid."

"I'm not a kid anymore," Gemini protested.

"Yes, we're not kids anymore," Fourth and Peat echoed Gemini's protest. "We are eighteen years old!"

"That's not the legal age for drinking alcohol, so stay away from the beer," I made my voice as stern and as serious as I could.

All three of the naughty brats pouted at me.

"Wait," Fourth turned to Peat. "You're not yet eighteen. You're only seventeen."

"He will be eighteen next month," Peat's mom announced. "His father and I are planning a grand celebration for his eighteenth birthday."

"Oh, wow!" Fourth exclaimed. "Is it going to be a beach party?"

"No, we were thinking of celebrating it in a banquet hall at the Grand Lotus Hotel," Peat's dad replied. (A/N: The name of the hotel is fictitious. Author does not know if such a hotel name exists. If it does, it's purely coincidental.)

Then Peat's dad looked at everyone.

"You are all invited of course," he announced with a sweeping glance at all of us.

"And you will be my guest of honor!" Peat turned to me with a big smile.

I looked at Peat's dad and he nodded at me approvingly.

"Yes, Thanawat," he said. "You will be Peat's special birthday guest."

"I'm very much honored," I said, bowing to Peat's dad.

I noticed how Fourth and Gemini gave Peat envious glances. But I was sure that their own parents had given them special birthday celebrations on their eighteenth birthday.

Soon it was time to wrap up our beach outing.

Peat and Fourth had to steady Gemini while walking towards their SUV.

I shook my head as I watched them get into the SUV. Kids these days are so out of control.

I was getting ready to get into my SUV when Gemini came running to me, almost stumbling in the process.

"Can I go home with you?" he asked.