Chapter 3

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"I'm guessing that the school you go to is the one that's just a few blocks from here," Mr. Kaewbumrung said after Peat had settled in the passenger seat.

His car had started to pick up a little speed when Peat spoke up.

"No, sir, it's in the next city," Peat replied.

Mr. Kaewbumrung's eyes grew wide.

"I'm just kidding!" Peat said. laughing so hard.

Mr. Kaewbumrung stepped on the brakes.

"Get out of my car," he said to Peat.

"I'm sorry, sir, I was just kidding," Peat said in a pleading tone "Yes, my school  is just a few blocks from here."

"Don't fool around with me, kiddo," Mr. Kaewbumrung said. "I have no time for pranks. I am a very busy man."

"I'm sorry, sir," Peat said with a suitably repentant face. "I won't prank you anymore."

"As long as we're clear about that," Mr. Kaewbumrung said as his car started to pick up speed again.

Peat took a secret side glance at Mr. Kaewbumrung while Mr, Kaewbumrung was focused on the traffic. Holy smokes, this was one hot guy. Plus he smelled really good, he smelled of a very expensive cologne.

"Are you married?" Peat asked, forgetting that his father had mentioned last night that their new neighbor was a bachelor.

"No," replied Mr. Kaewbumrung, his eyes fixed on the road, not bothering to elaborate on his answer.

"By the way, my name Is Peat," Peat said, extending his hand to Mr. Kaewbumrung.

Mr. Kaewbumrung did not accept the offer of a handshake. He kept his hands on the wheel, or perhaps he did not see the outstretched hand of Peat because his eyes were on the traffic ahead of him.

"You don't have to drop me off at the school gate, you can just drop me off after the bus stop," Peat said. "I can walk to the gate from there."

"Very well," Mr. Kaewbumrung said, slowing down after he passed the bus stop.

"Thank you for giving me a ride, sir," Peat said,again stretching his hand to Mr. Kaewbumrung.

This time, Mr. Kaewbumrung accepted Peat's offer of a handshake.

"Don't make any trouble at school," Mr. Kaewbumrung said.

Peat gave him a face before getting out of the car and closing the door.

Peat's close friends Fourth and Gemini were at the gate waiting for him.

"That wasn't your father that dropped you off today," Gemini said, raising an eyebrow at Peat.

"How is he related to you?" Fourth asked. "He's very good looking."

"Hey, I saw him first!" Peat protested.

Fourth received a painful flick on his forehead from Gemini,

"Keep your eyes only on me," he scolded Fourth.

"Sir, yes sir," Fourth gave a mock salute to Gemini before turning to Peat. "But seriously how is he related to you?"

"He's my new neighbor," Peat replied, "He almost ran me over when I was running across the street. He offered me a ride since he noticed that I was trying not to be late for school."

Just at that moment, the school bell rang and the three close friends went through the gate, showing their school IDs to the security guard as they walked in.

After their last subject, Fourth turned to Peat.

"It's a Friday," said Fourth, "You wanna hang out with me and Gemini?"

"Whose house, yours or Gemini's" Peat asked.

"Yours," Fourth replied.

"Mine???" Peat asked. "I thought it was a choice between your house or Gemini's"

Fourth moved up close to Peat and whispered to him so that Gemini would not hear.

"Let's hang out at your house," Fourth suggested. "Maybe we will be able to get a better glimpse at your hot neighbor."

"I'm telling you, he's mine! I saw him first!" Peat protested.

"I didn't say that I was gonna snatch him from you," Fourth replied in a placating voice. "I just wanted to have a better look at him. What's his name anyway?"

"I didn't have a chance to ask," Peat replied.

"What???" Fourth raised an eyebrow at Peat. "If that had been me I would have already gotten not only his name but his phone number as well."

Peat gave Fourth a playful push. Fourth almost lost his balance if he had not been caught in Gemini's arms. Fortunately Gemini had walked up behind them just in time.

"It's a Friday," Gemini said to Peat, "Let's play some video games at your house."

"Why at my house?" Peat asked. "Why not at your house or Fourth's?"

"Oh no, don't tell me you are interested in that hot neighbor of Peat as well!" Fourth exclaimed.

Gemini turned his face away so that Peat and Fourth would not notice that he was blushing.

"I have to call my mom first to ask permission if both of you can hang out at my house this evening," Peat said.

After making a quick call to his mom, Peat turned to Fourth and Gemini.

"It's a go!!!" Peat exclaimed.