Chapter 14

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Thanawat greeted Peat's mom and dad at the breakfast table.

"Actually, you didn't have to invite me for breakfast," Thanawat said. "I might be overstaying my welcome."

"Oh no, not at all," Peat's father said. "We won't be seeing each other for the rest of the week after today, so I would be happy if you stayed for the rest of the day."

"Oh no, no, I couldn't do that," Thanawat protested.

"But we could play video games and watch a home movie while you're here," Peat suggested.

"I don't play video games," Thanawat said. "I can leave you young kids to do that."

All three friends, Peat, Gemini and Fourth, simultaneously frowned at Thanawat.

"Please stop referring to us as young kids," Gemini said with all seriousness.

"In fairness to them, we can no longer consider them as young kids," Peat's mother came to the rescue. "They are young adults now. Next month will be Peat's birthday. He will be eighteen and that will make him legally an adult."

"I should remember to give you a birthday present," Thanawat said to Peat, still refusing to acknowledge Peat's mom's remark that Peat would be officially considered an adult by next month.

"You don't have to give me any present," Peat said, a certain kind of sadness entering his eyes. "I would be happy with just your presence during my birthday celebration and you talking to me as an adult to another adult."

Thanawat suppressed a sigh. This kid was really persistent.

Thanawat was about to ignore Peat's comment when he realized that Peat's mom and dad were looking at him, as if waiting for him to give a response to Peat's request.

"Oh yeah, sure, Peat," Thanawat quickly said. "That would not be a problem at all."

This time it was Peat who suppressed a sigh. He could tell that Thanawat's response was not sincere, that it was only made to satisfy his parents' expectation.

"Since you don't play video games, let's watch a home movie then," Fourth suggested.

"All three of you can watch a movie," Thanawat said. "I can talk business with Peat's dad out in the patio and enjoy the cool morning weather."

"Oh, please, Thanawat, I don't want to discuss business with you on a Sunday," Peat's father protested. "I work hard during the weekdays. The last thing I would like to do on a Sunday would be to discuss business with anyone. I suggest you relax and watch a nice home movie. We have a long list of movie selections that you can choose from."

"Do you have mystery thrillers among your selection?" Thanawat asked.

"Ohmygahd yes!" Peat exclaimed.

"I suggest you watch "No Exit", said Peat's father.

"I'm not really into mystery thrillers," Gemini announced.

"Me neither," Fourth said. "Can Gemini and I play video games upstairs instead?"

"Sure you can," Peat's father said.

While Peat was setting up the home movie, Peat's father started to walk out of the living room.

"Are you not going to stay and watch the movie with me and Peat?" Thanawat asked.

"Oh no, no, I've watched that movie before," Peat's father replied. "I never watch a mystery thriller twice. I'm gonna keep my wife company in the kitchen. She plans to teach our housekeeper a new Mexican dish that I am very interested in learning to cook myself. Go ahead and watch the movie with Peat. I guarantee you're going to enjoy it."

"Very well then," Thanawat said, settling down on the comfortable spacious couch.

"Can you come into the kitchen for a quick second, Peat?" Peat's father called out to Peat.

In the kitchen, Peat's father looked Peat seriously in the eye before giving his son a gentle jab on the chest.

"Go for it, son," said Peat's father. "He will make a really good son-in-law."

Peat gasped, his eyes widening at his father.

How on earth did his father guess his feelings for Thanawat???

"Fathers know their sons better than their sons know themselves," was Peat's father's cryptic remark. "Now go and do your best to make him fall for you, too."