Chapter 21

A.N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Since Thanawat's housekeeper is featured every now and then in this fanfic, the author has decided to give the housekeeper a face.

Credit goes to reader @BlackMoon267 for giving the author the idea of choosing Build Jakapan who played the role of Pete in KinnPorsche to be Pete the housekeeper in this fanfic.

Third Person POV

Peat set the first aid kit on the oval center table and sat himself down beside Thanawat on the sofa.

He leaned forward and started to unbutton Thanawat's shirt.

Thanawat backed away from Peat.

"What are you doing?" asked Thanawat, unable to hide the panic in his voice.

"How do you expect me to get to the wound in your elbow if you don't remove your long sleeved shirt first?" Peat asked a bit impatiently.

Thanawat had to admit that Peat was making sense.

Pete who was watching the whole proceeding from a corner of the living room stepped forward and said, "Master, let me take care of removing your shirt."

"Move," Pete said to Peat. "I need to be able to get to my master to take his shirt off for him."

Peat reluctantly stood up from the sofa and allowed Pete to get close to Thanawat.

Peat watched as Pete expertly unbuttoned Thanawat's white long sleeved shirt and took it off, gently pulling off the sleeve where Thanawat had hurt his elbow, taking care not to do further damage to the wound.

"I will get this laundered right away," Pete said, walking out of the living room with the bloodied shirt.

Peat then went back to sit close to Thanawat in the sofa.

He opened the first aid kit, took off a pair of vinyl gloves that were wrapped in what looked like a parchment paper and put the gloves on.

"I am going to clean your wound before placing an antibiotic ointment on it," Peat said as he sprayed some wound wash onto a sterile gauze.

"Is that going to hurt?" Thanawat asked, looking anxious.

"No," Peat assured him. "It's just normal saline solution. It won't hurt at all."

Thanawat closed his eyes tightly, expecting the worst as Peat dabbed the wet gauze on to his elbow.

Thankfully, Peat had been telling the truth. It didn't hurt at all.

"If you had allowed your housekeeper to be the one to tend to this wound, do you think he would have thought of cleaning up your wound first before covering it with an adhesive tape?" Peat asked as he took out a cotton tip from the first aid kit.

Thanawat had to admit that since his housekeeper did not have the first aid training that Peat had received from his school, his housekeeper would not have been able to take better care of his wound than Peat was doing right now.

Thanawat watched as Peat squeezed out a small amount of antibiotic ointment from  its tube and used the cotton tip to apply it to his elbow wound.

Then Peat removed the outer covering of the wound dressing and applied it to Thanawat's elbow.

Peat looked at the covered wound with satisfaction.

"Be sure to replace that dressing every day until your wound heals," Peat advised Thanawat. "It's important to do that to prevent infection."

Thanawat nodded, starting to feel like someone older than him was giving him advice with a tone of authority. Then he reminded himself that Peat was just a seventeen year old kid who just happened to receive a first aid training in school. Thanawat was not going to let this kid talk down to him.

Thanawat stood up from the sofa saying, "I appreciate your kindness in taking care of my wound. How can I repay you?"

"By not treating me and talking to me as if I'm a kid," Peat replied. "I'm probably more mature than you in many ways. You just happen to be older in years but not in maturity of character."

"That's enough," Thanawat frowned at Peat. "Now you're the one who's talking down to me like I were a kid."

Before Peat could respond, Pete the housekeeper returned to the living room with a clean shirt. He handed it to Thanawat.

"Thank you," said Thanawat.

Thanawat tried to raise his arm to pull the shirt over his head. He winced at the pain he felt from his elbow wound.

"Here let me do it for you," Peat tried to offer but Pete grabbed the shirt from him.

"I will take care of my master," said Pete. "You may go home now."

"No," Thanawat intervened. "I have decided to ask Peat to stay for dinner if he's willing."

"Of course I'm willing," Peat said with a big grin.

"Very well, sir," said Pete, but he was not smiling at all. In fact, he was frowning.