Chapter 6

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Peat's mom was awakened from her nap by a loud thud against her bedroom wall.

Darnit, her son must be playing basketball again with his father.

Peat's mom regretted that she had agreed to turn the side yard into a basketball court. Unfortunately her husband was a basketball enthusiast and loved to play the game with Peat on Sundays.

But wait, it wasn't her husband's voice alone that she could hear. She heard other voices as well. And then she remembered that last Friday night she had agreed that Peat's buddies Fourth and Gemini could come and spend Sunday with Peat. So now her husband was happily playing basketball with the other two boys as well. 

Peat's mom sighed and said goodbye to going back to her afternoon nap.

She got up and started planning for their Sunday dinner. She wanted to serve a special dinner for the new neighbor across the street who had mentioned to Peat that he would drop this evening to formally introduce himself.

While she was giving instructions to the housekeeper her husband came into the kitchen followed by the three young men.

"What's for dinner?" her husband asked, wiping off the sweat from his forehead with a face towel.

"Let me surprise you," Peat's mom replied, refusing to let her husband know what she was planning to cook for dinner.

"Okay, thanks, hon," her husband said, leaning to give her a kiss which she dodged, saying, "Go take your shower first and wash off that sweat."

"Can Fourth and Gemini take their shower here as well?" Peat asked his parents. "They brought a change of clothes with them."

"Sure," Peat's mom replied.

Peat's dad went up to the master bedroom to take his shower there while the three young men went to the guest bedroom where there was a bathroom inside it.

"I'll shower first," Gemini said.

"No, you're not," Fourth said, pushing him aside. "I'm going in first."

"No, you're not," Gemini said, pushing Fourth aside.

"Why don't we all shower together?" Peat suggested.

Fourth's and Gemini's eyes widened so much that they looked like they were going to fall out of their sockets.

"You're not serious!!!" Fourth and Gemini exclaimed together in a shocked voice.

"I am too!" Peat said with a wide grin already taking off his sweaty shirt. "Last one in the bathroom is a lame duck!"

Fourth and Gemini scrambled inside the bathroom not even bothering to take off their sweaty shirts.

Peat's mom looked up from her cooking when she heard shrieking and squealing coming from upstairs. What naughtiness and foolishness were her son and his friends up to now. She decided that she didn't want to know and carried on with her cooking with the help of the housekeeper.

Soon with the help of the housekeeper Peat's mom was able to put together a large platter of mini spring rolls as appetizer, a large covered tureen had been filled with beef bone broth with baby bokchoy leaves in it, and for the main course she was serving two large platters of crispy beef strips smothered in tasty gravy and julienned red and green bell peppers.

At seven o'clock sharp she heard a buzz at the gate.

Before she could tell the housekeeper to go and open it, three sets of heavy running footsteps were coming down the stairs.

"I'll get it!!!" Peat and Gemini and Fourth yelled all at the same time.

Peat's mom could only shake her head. She could not understand why they were overexcited to open the gate for whom she presumed was the new neighbor across the street.

"Come in, come in! Make yourself comfortable on the couch!" Peat said to Mr. Kaewbumrung. "I will go get my mom."

"Thank you, Peat," said Mr. Kaewbumrung.

"Mom! Our new neighbor is here!" Peat rushed into the kitchen, followed by Fourth and Gemini.

Peat's mom hurriedly dried her hands on a kitchen towel and gave herself a quick glance at the wall mirror on her way through the dining room.

She stopped in her tracks at the doorway to the living room.

Seated on the couch was the most good looking man with a perfect build, his muscles bulging at all the right places.

Mr. Kaewbumrung rose from the couch to greet Peat's mom.

"I'm your new neighbor across the street," said Mr. Kaewbumrung, extending his hand to Peat's mom.

Peat's mom accepted the hand, feeling silly for blushing so hard.

"And I'm Peat's mom," she said. "Just call me Lily."

"Then you can just call me Thanawat," said Mr. Kaewbumrung.

"Oww!" Peat squealed when he felt Gemini and Fourth pinching his arms on both sides.

"And these are my friends Gemini and Fourth," said Peat to Mr. Kaewbumrung.

"Glad to meet both of you," said Mr. Kaewbumrung.

"Can we also call you Thanawat?" asked Fourth.