Chapter 16

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Apo's POV

"Don't even try to explain anything to me!" I yelled angrily at Mile.

"It's not what you're thinking," Mile said, grabbing my wrist as I tried to walk away from him.

I stopped walking and turned to glare angrily at him.

"It IS what I'm thinking and nothing you say will make me change my mind!" I couldn't control the quiver in my voice as I tugged my wrist away from his grasp and walked away once more.

"Apo ... please ... listen to me ..."

I kept walking, my tears starting to cloud my vision, making me almost bump into an elderly lady who was pushing her four wheel walker across my path.

I had suspected it even long before I had seen it with my own eyes. I just refused to confront him about it.

But today was different. I could no longer ignore it.

I had gone into our local pharmacy to pick up my dad's prescription and just as I was walking down one of the pharmacy aisles, I saw Mile pointing to an item on the shelf, his arm draped possessively across the shoulder of his ex girlfriend.

I quietly walked up behind him and lightly tapped him on his shoulder.

He turned around and saw me.

"Apo!" he exclaimed with a wide smile.

Without any preliminaries, I said firmly to him, "We're through," and walked away.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Mile's smile disappeared as he ran after me.

The moment I got home, I packed my bags and got back into my car and drove blindly away, not knowing where I was going. I just needed to get away from the house which Mile and I had shared for some time now. He was now free to bring that girl home and I would not be around to stop him or question him about anything.

Before I realized it I had gone far away from the city limits.

Where was I now?

Then I realized I was in the city where my high school sweetheart Thanawat was currently living.

I had once, just out of curiosity, called the company where he was working as a department head and was told by the receptionist that he had been transferred to a new branch where he had been appointed to be the CEO.

I quickly searched his name on my phone and found his address.

I parked outside his residence and pressed on the bell, hoping hard that I got his address right.

His housekeeper opened the gate and I told him who I was.

At first the housekeeper was hesitant to let me in but I explained to him that Thanawat and I were very close since high school, stopping short from telling him that we used to be boyfriends back in high school.

The housekeeper reluctantly let me in, explaining to me that Thanawat was not home but that he was expecting him to come back, most probably this evening.

I didn't have too long to wait.

I heard the buzzer and the housekeeper went to open the gate.

My heart beat faster than usual when I heard the front door open.

I stood up from the couch and turned to face him.

"Nawat ... " I said, walking slowly toward him.

He didn't say a word. He just stood in the doorway, gripping the handle.

"I need a place to stay for a few days," I said. "You think you could put up with me until I can find somewhere to live?"

He stared at me for a few seconds.

"What happened to Mile?" he asked.