Chapter 19

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

Apo was really thankful to Thanawat for showing him around his company building and showing him the kind of business his company was in.

Apo found the tour very interesting and at least for a few hours of the day, he was able to forget his misery.

At lunch break, Thanawat brought him down to the company cafeteria located in the basement of the building.

The contract for the cafeteria, according to Thanawat, was ending soon. He asked Apo if he knew of anyone who would be interested in taking over the concessionaire of the cafeteria.

Apo was tempted to ask Thanawat if he could apply for the cafeteria concession but he knew that it would be against company policy to hand it over to a friend. For a minute, Apo was tempted to test Thanawat to see if he would break company ethics for his sake.

"No," Apo shook his head, "I'm afraid I don't know of anyone who would be willing to run a company cafeteria."

"I will have to post an ad in the papers and other social media then," Thanawat said as he fell in line with the rest of the employees to wait for his turn to be served by the cafeteria staff.

There were several good choices behind the glass counter.

"Choose whatever you want," Thanawat said. "It will be my treat."

"I'm not feeling particularly hungry so I let me just have a six foot sub," Apo said.

"What filling?" Thanawat asked.

"I'll have a tuna with avocado and tomato slices," Apo replied.

Thanawat asked the cafeteria staff to prepare two of those sandwiches.

"Did you want anything else?" Thanawat asked.

"A kiwi strawberry drink would be nice," Apo replied.

"How about a broccoli cheddar soup?" Thanawat asked. "Something to warm your stomach."

"Nah, I'm fine, thanks," Apo replied.

Apo could not understand why but for some reason he was feeling jittery. He tried to focus on the conversation that Thanawat was trying to make with him over lunch.

Soon Thanawat's work hours were over and it was time for Thanawat to head home.

Instead of wearing his suit, he slung it across the crook of his arm and led Apo out of his office.

"Did you want to go back home straight away or would you like to have dinner in a restaurant?" Thanawat asked as he pressed the button inside the elevator to go down to the lobby.

When Apo did not answer right away, Thanawat said, "Or perhaps a movie first before dinner?"

Before Apo could make up his mind, the elevator door opened and they stepped out into the lobby.

Both Apo and Thanawat let out a loud collective gasp when they saw Mile standing right in the center of the lobby facing the elevator, standing tall with his arms folded across his chest.

"What are you doing here?" Apo demanded after he found his voice.

"Why don't I ask you the same question," Mile countered, grabbing Apo by the wrist and dragging him out of the lobby.

Thanawat stood paralyzed where he was, too shocked to say or do anything.

Thanawat watched as he saw Mile and Apo having a shouting match right outside the entrance of the building.

At first Apo seemed not to want to listen to anything that Mile was trying to say but after a few minutes Apo gave Mile a tearful hug before breaking away to run back into the lobby.

"Nawat," he started to say to Thanawat but Thanawat interrupted him.

"Go," Thanawat said. "That's where your happiness lies."

"Thank you for everything," Apo said and leaned to give Thanawat a hug but Thanawat moved away.

"Good luck," Thanawat said.

Thanawat tried his best to focus on the traffic on his way home.

Many times during his drive home he had to wipe off the tears that were clouding his vision.

S c r r r e e e c h h h ! ! !

The front of his car was inches away from hitting a group of students crossing the pedestrian lane.

Thanawat had completely forgotten that he had to pass a school zone on his way back home and had to slow down to twenty five miles per hour or less when in that zone.

The students started yelling at him, one of them even banged on the hood of his car.

His eyes widened when he saw that Peat and Fourth and Gemini were among the group of students that his car almost hit.