Chapter 5

HAPPY READING

Ryon POV

It was now the beginning of February and it only meant my dilemma rolled over heavily as the days unfold into the new month.

Life was supposed to be effortless and feels right when you find the one mom always said, but it does not feel that way. Nothing about this is effortless or feels right.

Maybe she isn't the one a part of me wants to believe but how can I explain these feelings and the way my body reacts to her? The feel of her skin against mine, my palpitation heart when she is around. The sound of her voice was like music to my ears when she spoke and when she moaned my name the shock waves in my vein made my body come alive. How can I explain the way I can listen to this woman conversed all night and be satisfied without fucking her.

How can I explain any of it?

Sitting back in my office, nothing makes sense. Everything feels different with her, yet the same and it is aggravating, to say the least.

I sighed heavily.

"If a penny could buy those thoughts, I would," mom said, closing the door behind her, and I hadn't a clue how long she opened my office door. This was beginning to screw up my mind.

"Hey mom, what are you doing here?" I get up to greet her.

"Do I need an excuse to see my son?" she rolled her eyes and place her hand on her hip.

"Of course not. Not at all," I kissed her cheek and pulled out a chair for her. "I had a feeling I should come to see you. How are you?" she said straightening my tie.

"I'm okay mom. And how are you?"

"Much better now that I see you," she answered.

"Wonderful," I kissed her cheeks.

"What have you so preoccupied? Before you say nothing, just know I've birthed you, washed your penis, and I've seen you nacked with Fiona."

"Mom," I chuckled for the first time this morning, remembering that day vividly.

"Now spill chile," she took her seat, and I'm left standing. "It's the hotel, there is so much more to get done before the inspection next week."

She stared at me for a few seconds, her eyes lowered, and then her mouth opened. "What makes you think you can lie to me? If you're going to lie tell a good one," she crossed her legs.

God, am I this predictable?

"Before you ask, yes, you are this predictable. I know my boys like the back of my hand. Now... are we going to do this the easy way, or do you want the hard version?" she straight face me.

I stared at her. She doesn't need to know this, but knowing her, she wouldn't quit. My mother had a sixth sense when it came to the people around her, and nothing made her back down. No matter how complicated or mingled I think my life is, in the back of my mind I always knew she could figure me out without trying. A part of me thinks it is the reason she wants me married.

"Are you just going to stare at me? She raised a threatening voice, and I sighed. "I have a lot on my plate mom, it's nothing I can't handle."

"Maybe if you were married you would have someone to put all the tension in your body at rest and help with whatever you need," she said, and oh God, not the talk coming on. It's the last thing I need at this hour of the day.

"Mom can we talk about this another time," I asked knowing the answer.

"No, we can not since you do not want to talk to me," she said. "And do not give me your bullshit nothing reply either." she air quotes the nothing.