Chapter 24

HAPPY READING

Sibel Pov

"I promise whatever you want, I will give it to you, baby. You never have to worry," Ryon's voice startled me.

"Hmm," I hummed, and he glanced at me.

I'd been so lost in thoughts that I hadn't noticed we'd pulled up to the registry. The wind in my hair was enough to send my thoughts adrift even before that my mind had been racing... What was I doing?

"Why then and not now?" I frowned, repeating the words floating around in my head.

"Are you having second thoughts? because I'm not," he said, and I watched as he shifted and pressed the engine to a stop. I pulled my dress down a bit, rubbed my sweaty palm against the slick material of the white silk dress I wore, and took a deep breath.

"Baby," he said, taking my hand and placing a gentle kiss on the knuckles of my fingers. My husband-to-be then turned my head towards him with the hook of his finger, and the look in his eyes was enough to make my heart gallop before multiple beats.

He was trying to calm me down but it was doing quite the opposite.

What was I going to say? My mind went blank, and it was ridiculous.

"I can't do anything without you... beautiful. I'm so used to you being everywhere, so use to you under my skin, to unnerved me, rattling me, and would call me out on my bullshit, you see right through me Sib, and I don't know how you do that shit, especially without saying a word."

"What does it mean?" I asked.

"A lot has been going on and right now... With my business, Menture Enterprise and..." he said, trailing off and looking into my eyes with so much emotion that I wanted to hold him in my arms and hug him tight.

"It's alright to share these things with me, Ryon," I breathe out. I needed to say focus.

"Baby," he turned entirely towards me and opened my fist, lacing his fingers with mine. He looked into my eyes and removed the few fly-away of my loose bun.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to. Sibel, I love you regardless," he squeezed my fingers," but you drive me freaking insane woman, and I couldn't do this without you," he added.

"I know you don't want to talk about whatever it is, but I gathered it pushed you to this, and it is what I'm afraid of," I said. I do not want whatever it is to be the wedge that makes us broke.

"Nothing is pushing me to anything," he said, then paused. "I want you to be my wife. I want you for myself. I want you to be mine. I'm so used to you being where you're not supposed to be that I can't imagine you not here with me," he said. "I want to know I have my wife by my side, and that isn't going to change. Nothing can change the way you got under my skin, and I can never live in peace without you beautiful."

"Then I don't see why we need to rush. We can take our time... hire a planner, we can have our families there... You don't want your brothers there?" I asked, knowing how close they were.

"Look at me," he said, reaching out and grabbing my chin. He turned my face towards him again.

"I don't see a need to wait. I want you, I'm certain of it. I want to marry you. I want you all to myself. I've waited around for so many years, and I've even denied what I felt, but not anymore. I want the world to know, believe me. I just want your exams to be over so I can sail away with you... And shout it to the world over the ocean. There is so much that I want for us but with time... I want to do right by you, Sib... I didn't want to touch you... taste you, make the sounds I do when I'm inside of you until you were carrying my last name, until..."