Chapter 26

Ryon Pov

I ran my hand over my face and looked up at the ceiling.

I fucked up. Sibel was never to be caught up in any of this.

Was this my karma? The cluster fuck my life has turned into.

I looked back into the room, she turned to the other side. Lord, God, you didn't put this woman here on this earth to provoke me.

Even in her sleep, she can provoke me. I sighed out loud. Yet the last thing I wanted was to hurt her.

I did not want to leave my wife's side, and I wasn't going to put her in another round of crossfire no matter how bad I was at saying no to my mother.

I already messed up the one day that was supposed to be perfect for her.

I wasn't confused by Mom's insistence and the extent of her invitation, and if she had given me a chance, it was certain I would decline.

It's my wedding day and too much has already happened. Sibel does not deserve this.

Tossing, my phone on the side table and staring at the ceiling. I wasn't in the mood to deal with anyone either. I wanted to fulfill my appointments for the day, help my wife study for her final exam tomorrow, and be angry over the earlier event of my day... And... just hate myself for having put my wife through any of it.

My father crashed our wedding ceremony, and the way he had me followed. The nerve of that man.

For now, the safety and solitude my home provided were enough to hide us from my family's intrusion, I thought, glancing around.

I was never going to be imprisoned by the Menture name or be guilted by my father's past. He, of all people, should understand, yet the sins of my father followed us, and my brothers were supposed to understand better than anyone else.

I sighed and, turned my attention to my phone buzzing again, and this time, it was my accountant.

"Jacob," I answered.

"Sir, you're not here for your appointment."

"And you don't think I know that Jacob. Get the books in order, and I want a detailed report of my spending on Pure Dynasty. I want a trust set up for my unborn child and another for my wife."

"Wife sir?"

"You heard me correctly, and a monthly allowance for Fiona. I will give the sum after our doctor's appointment tomorrow. I rescheduled for Monday morning, bright and early. we can further discuss this there, and then.

"But, sir," he said, and I cut the call. I then dialed Kamaru.

"Brother," he answered.

"I need a favor brother, and I do not want Reign finding out about it."

"I'm listening," he said.

"I need new security details. They report directly to me and men that are not on your service."

"Why? What's wrong? Did the current team mess up?" he asked.

"No, no. I just need new people," I said.

"Ryon, you can talk to me," he encourages.

"There is nothing to talk about, but you should know I got married this morning."

"Phwwwwwhht," he whistled. "Congratulations are in order, and I'm not going to ask until you tell me," he said.

"Good," I replied.

"I will get started on a team and get back to you."

"Thank you," I said and cut the call.

I walked back into the bedroom to check on my wife, who was still fast asleep. Her hands were tucked under the pillow, the sheet fell away, revealing her breast, and I tucked her back under the covers. I can't help the chuckle that escaped me as she turned again.

My wife was such a parasomnia sleeper. The woman would move around the entire bed and sleep through the entire thing. I doubt she would want to wake up to herself exposed especially since she was mad at me so I tucked her back in.

I kissed her forehead as soft snores passed her parted lips. I exit the bedroom and enter the living room to my younger and older brother sitting in my living room. I could not help the scoff of disbelief that escaped me.

"You got married?" Reign was the first to speak, and I shrugged.

"You did too," I answered.

"That's beside the point Ryon," he said.

"How so?" I asked.

"Ryon!" he drawled.

"Why did you two show up in my living room?" I asked, huffing through my nose.

"We need to talk," Reign said.

"About?"

"The contract..." he answered.

"I'm not bound to one. I'm a married man," I said.

"This doesn't just disappear, and we need to discuss it," he said.

"You expect me to marry my then girlfriend's best friend because my father signed a contract with her father."

"We were asking...," Reyon said his first words as he lifted himself off the couch.

"I was asking for something far greater from my brothers, but I saw how that went," I said cutting him off.

"Ryon..." Reyon sighed, and I moved towards the kitchen.

"Brother, please do not get us wrong," he said. "We are in support of you and Sibel we were just asking..."

"For what?" I barked.

"We're looking at a dangerous lawsuit here," Reyon said.

"I was looking for my brother's support, well I did then," I said. Turned to the refrigerator took out the food I had my cook prepared for us and placed one of the containers in the microwave.

"Ryon, please let us explain. Father and I went head to toe after I married Delsa because he wanted me to marry Keyana. At the time, I wasn't aware of the contract he had signed," Reign said.

"I'm sure you two can let yourself out the same way you came in," I said after I plated our meal and placed them on a platter.

"Please do not let this come between us," Reign said.

"Ryon, let's talk about this," Reyon said, and I paused. I cast my gaze up to the ceiling. Even if Keyana wasn't Sibel's best friend I was never going to marry her instead of Sibel. Not even the mother of my unborn child could sway me to do otherwise. Knowing my marriage could go either way I did the most important thing to me. For us.

"Both of you should be smart enough to know this conversation is over." I just hope Sibel is smart enough to know what this means for us and trust me enough.

"So, in pursuit of a relationship," I face them curious of Reyon's next words, " you endangered it?"

I narrowed my eyes at the confusion on his face, "I have endangered nothing, you both got it, and I'm sure you didn't expect me not to want it. It is fate," I said and continued to my bedroom.

I place the carrier on the nightstand and glide my fingers across her cheeks. Immediately, her eyes opened, and she smiled. Damn near stopped my heart.

"Husband," she smiled, and I couldn't help the smile on my face marching hers as my heart jumped.

"Wife," I chuckled, and she giggled. She reached her hand out.

"Wife," I said softly as she took hold of my hand.

I crouch beside her, moving my hand to push her hair from her face. I kissed her forehead and paused there for a few seconds with my eyes closed and my heart in my hand. I didn't know what to say and I didn't know how much she heard.

"Come eat, baby."

She nodded and threw her legs off the bed with the sheet wrapped around her body.

"You have to start studying. " I said and she nodded again. We ate in silence as I mumbled over Reyon's words in my head.

Damn it... Did I mess us up?