Chapter 6

HAPPY READING

Ryon POV

"Drinking alone on a Friday night," I said taking the bar stool next to Reyon.

He chuckled, "so what's your excuse, you're here alone."

"I'm not here to drink," I said and nodded to the tender who gave me a signal my order wasn't ready.

"Good for you," Reyon said and takes another sip of his scotch.

"Spill it," I said and he turned towards me. "Spill what? I can't take a drink," he said.

"Cut the crap. I've known you since you were conceived so I'm no fool," I said

He chuckled, "Kahdeem and I got into it a little."

"You alright?"

"I'm cool, you alright?" he asked.

"I've had better days," I answered.

"Believe me, I know," Reyon said. His phone vibrates and he placed it on the counter showing Kahdeem was calling.

"You not going to take that?"

"Not right now," he said signaling the waiter for another drink. "Since when do you take two in a row," I asked.

"You worried about me?"

"I've always worried about you brother," I answered.

"I should be the one worried about you," he said. "Ever since new year's Eve, you've been walking around as if someone died. So you spill it," he said and take the other drink the tender replaced on the napkin in front of him.

"The right thing to do, is to wait until I'm ready to talk," I said and my order is placed next to me. "Your order sir," I reached for my wallet and took out two hundred, and place it on the counter.

"Keep the change," I said and he bowed with a smile.

"I guess we both have to wait for the other to open up," he said taking another sip.

"You're the one drinking, I'm not," I said.

"I'm not drinking because I need one," he said and picked up his phone when it rang again.

"Baby," he answered.

"You eat?" he asked after a few seconds.

"I'm on my way," he said and a part of me was envious, a greater part contented. As an older brother, it was my duty to help him solve whatever problem he had but I'm proud to see him grow into the man that he has become and that he's able to resolve it on his own. It didn't hurt any less that he didn't need me anymore.

"Everything alright?" I asked when he cut the call. "It will be, you good here," he asked. He stood up and pats my shoulder, "we'll talk tomorrow at the office," he said and I nodded.

I take my order and walk out of the Elite bar.
_______

"Oh, it's you, Keyana said walking away from the door, and no sooner did Sibel stand before me in her doorway. She wore black yoga leggings and a black crop top with the arm cut deep revealing the curve of her engorged breast.

"Hi," she smiled.

I cleared my throat "Who are you expecting," I asked

"Food, we haven't eaten since morning and I'm not very productive until I do," she said.

"Why haven't you eaten," I asked.

"Busy day. What are you doing here Ryon?" she peeped out a little then pulled back.