Chapter 23

HAPPY READING

Ryon Pov

"Fuck!" I punched the air and sank on the bed still in my towel.

Damn it, stubborn woman.

I ran my hand over my face and sighed. This is not how I wanted this to go down. I didn't need this at the moment, especially for what I had planned for later.

As I pulled on my underpants she walked back into the bedroom without so much as a glance my way. She walked into the closet and I nodded and moved forward slowly, cautious as I walked. There was something about it, something about her, about having her here changed everything. Even if I couldn't talk to her about this like I would like or take her in my arms like I want to, breathe her in, just knowing she was here changed everything. She glanced over at me finally— my eyes never left her at all.

I watched her, aware she is very upset at me but she looked pretty, wrapped in my robe, and when she glanced up at me I had to cross my arms to keep them at my side. She was really something extraordinary. It was strange, this feeling I had as I watched her. This newfound love is like a brand-new toy
It filled me up, I want to burst with joy
When you're in love it's a wonderful thing
my mind's at rest, I want to try your best...

"Hey," I said leaning against the jarred door, my arms crossed in front of me as I replayed the incident in my mind and she didn't respond.

"Are you okay?" I asked moving towards her. She glanced up, watching me as I reached out for her hand.

Sibel flinched as I touched her, practically yanking her hand away and holding it against her. "Fine!" she muttered.

"Baby..." I said placing a hand on her chin and inspecting her face. "Are you okay?"

"I said I was fine."

"You don't look fine..." I said.

"I think..." she said her voice raspy and strange. She nodded and turned away.

"I'm sorry," she manages to say and I shook my head.

"It's not you baby," I said moving to the front of her, trying to get her to focus on me instead of the bag she picked up but she straightened herself up suddenly, moving away from me.

"I know," she said circling the counter and going towards the chest as she fumbled around opening drawers.

I just watched as she fumbled around not knowing what she was looking for. "Jesus..." she said slamming the drawer shut and slamming the bag to the floor and I was completely surprised.

"Hey," I said walking around to stand next to her.

"What?" she answered not bothering to look at me.

"Sibel, look at me," I insisted but she continued to look down at the bag. "SIBEL, look at me, baby."

"WHAT!" she repeated, holding her head up haughtily.

She turned a big frown on her face.

"You're upset," I said reaching towards her.

"You think..." She stepped back.

"I'm sorry baby. I was having a rough day and all I asked is that you leave it alone," I said and reached out yet again and she stomped her foot.

"You must be kidding me right? Only you have those but this is what you do," she said.

"It wasn't easy to walk in my shoes today and all I asked..."

"All I asked was what was wrong. Nothing else nothing more," she cut me off.

"And I told you I was okay. I told you to leave it alone."