Chapter 21

HAPPY READING

Sibel Pov

By the time Keyana and I finally fled the apartment, it was 8:30. Leaving us with just half an hour to be seated in our respective exam rooms.

No matter how prepared we were, it was hard leaving the comfort of her bed when she needed it. What in the world got into her father to spring this on her at the end of exam season? Why couldn't he wait a little while longer, and why does he feel women aren't empowered and brilliant enough to run his stupid company, especially when it's his daughter? I just didn't get it. He made her study business... What's the significance of being the owner of an MBA if it was just to be a wife and mother and married just after receiving that honor? I couldn't understand, and I wanted to give him a piece of my mind for being sexist. It behooved me to do something to his old-fashioned sexist attitudes.

Women can now run this world, but in a man's world, it wasn't possible. I shook my head.

Not wanting to be late, Kay weaved through the traffic, and before you knew it with three minutes to spear, we were rushing down the corridor to our respective rooms. "Good luck," I stopped in my track and briefly hugged her, pulling back to see her face.

"Same to you boo," she drawled and kissed my cheek. "Sure you alright," I asked, and she nodded.

Good, you got this, "I said, and she gave me a thumbs up and ran in the opposite direction. I quickly opened the door to my exam chamber and slid into the only available seat in the second to last row at the back, hoping the professor wouldn't make mention of it.

"Nice of you to join us, Ms. Benjimen," Professor Alton said, crossing one leg over the other, seated at the edge of his desk, and I waste an entire hope.

I did not respond knowing I had a minute to spare. Papers weren't even handed out, but I did roll my eyes at the few students who thought it was funny.

"All devices on silence," he instructed, and I pulled mine out of my pocket and quickly checked to see whether I had missed any message. I couldn't stop the smile that brightened my face when I saw Ryon's message.

Ryon: I miss you, baby. Best of luck.

I quickly switch to silent mode and place my phone in the container Mr. Alton placed in front of me. His authoritarian face brought me back to reality, and I wiped that smile off my face immediately. He wouldn't bother understanding that this man constantly had my insides in a state of blissful tangle, and I couldn't help the smile on my face. Why bother telling him this man not only licked it, he bite it... And I liked it. I liked it a lot.

Mr. Alton proceeded to retrieve the other devices and hand out papers immediately after.

I took in a deep breath, calmed my racing heart, and turned the first page of my booklet.

I was ready...
______

I was very happy walking out of my exam room. It's one of those exams that I'm very confident about. All the materials I read and researched were very helpful. Even the little debate Ryon and I had on the subject materials was worth it.

I stood by the door of Kay's business exam waiting for her. It was like something died inside her, and I couldn't let her be alone. The sad drop in her spirit didn't sit well with me.

I needed to be here with her, and I needed her to know she wasn't alone. We made a quick dash to Popeyes on our way back to the apartment. That seasoned fried hit nicely after an exam. To me, anyway...

As we pulled up to the apartment, I remembered lunch with mom and dad, but I couldn't leave Kay, sending a quick text just as Kay parked in the driveway I knew mom would call.