Chapter 13

HAPPY READING

Ryon POV

The mere thought of Sibel was filling me with a yearning so intense I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms. The next minute I was reaching for my phone to hear her soft voice. The phone rang a few times before she swiped right.

"Hello," she answered groggily and I hate that I woke her especially when we were up late last night neither of us wanting to cut the call.

"Baby... were you sleeping?"

"Hmm, mm," she hummed softly then there was a shuffling about before she spoke

"Just needed to warm my eyes," she yearned.

"I should let you sleep."

"No, no it's okay. I need to be up, I should be working on my tease," she yearned again, sleep very much evident in her voice. "You sure baby?" I asked.

"Yes, it's okay. Hi Ryon," she said and I heard the smile on her voice.

"Hi beautiful, how was your day,” I asked wanting to hear her speak over and over again.

"Long, very long. I missed so much and it's taking forever to get everything done in a week. Then Rick wouldn't leave me alone like he doesn't understand...what I'm not interested meant. And my literature review is on Monday and the right words failed me in completing the final paragraph. My handler is breathing down my neck and I still need to answer my column."

"Here I thought my day wasn't ending. What do you mean Rick wouldn't leave you alone?"

"It's nothing he just wants a chance to talk to me and take me out."

"Do I need to pay him a visit," I asked jaw clenching.

"No, no, it's okay nothing I can't handle."

"Are you sure? Because I need him to know you're taken and I'm easily provoked over what's mine." my protective instinct was on full blast especially when it comes to her. It was amazing how quickly she has become my anchor and I was wishing she was here like a lifeline.

"Thank you but it's okay. It's nothing I can't handle."

"I hear you," but I most definitely will be visiting that University to make my presence felt.

"So?"

"So," I replied.

"Did you get a chance to talk to Fiona," she asked.

"Not yet, didn't have the chance to leave my office since taking a seat."

"Okay," she said and I heard a hint of sadness in her voice. "How's work?" she asked after a few seconds passed and I did not want to screw things up again with Sibel. This time I might lose her for good and I could not risk it but the mere thought of Fiona carrying my child filled me with a tenderness that was all new to me. My protective instinct was on high alert and I couldn't help it. Maybe because I was so close to my niece and nephew, maybe the possibility of having it all, I didn't know but what I did know was I did not want to lose Sibel over whatever going on with Fiona.

"I feel like this is the longest day I've had all week and I would like more than a phone call from my girlfriend but we're both busy and tired people."

"Here I thought I was alone... Ryon I have to take this call I will call you before I crawl into bed," Sibel said.

"Okay, bye beautiful," I said and she cut the call. My resolve was crumbling, kicking all sense of reasoning out of the window. I needed her badly but I do not want to give in to my raging needs and regret pushing her when she wasn't ready.